PDA

View Full Version : help me be rational...

hangingbasket
19-12-13, 21:11
For about 5 months I have been having pain in my ribs on the right side. Just below my breast, only on the right. I have had no injury that I know of and the pain is not/has not been severe, neither has it got any worse or better. It hurt all day everyday, but not to breathe, cought, etc.. just with certain movements.
I mentioned it to the doctor last week as I was there anyway, and she said it sounded muscular (she felt the area and said it wasnt a bone problem). She gave me a months worth of anti inflammatory tablets.

After about 4 days of taking them, I noticed the pain fading. Then after about 6 days it had gone completely. I couldnt believe it was so simple. These tablets had cleared the pain. It was nothing serious.

Anyway... I was painfree for about 4 days. I'm still taking the tablets but today I noticed a twinge in the area a few times. As if the pain is coming back.

My anxiety screams at me... IT MUST BE SOMETHING SERIOUS... IT CAME BACK!!!
My rational side quietly whispers... If it was serious, it wouldnt have gone away at all... and it isnt anywhere near as bad as it was before the tablets.

Am I right to believe the rational voice?

Fishmanpa
19-12-13, 21:14
Often times when I read a post, the answer to the question is written in the post itself. This is no exception ;)

"My rational side quietly whispers... If it was serious, it wouldnt have gone away at all... and it isnt anywhere near as bad as it was before the tablets.

Am I right to believe the rational voice?"

Read that and answer the question :)

Positive thoughts

hangingbasket
19-12-13, 21:15
I often cant tell the difference between rationality and desperate hope.

Sometimes I struggle that my rational voice is me trying to convince myself to ignore something.