PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Bullets4all
19-12-13, 21:16
I've been suffering anxiety/depression since my mid-teens and now I'm in my early 20s watching what should be the best years of my life burn away. I'm hoping to speak with people in a similar situation so that we can share advice on recovering.

Regards x

Annie0904
19-12-13, 22:01
Hi welcome to NMP

Shake
20-12-13, 11:52
Welcome :)

Tanner40
20-12-13, 12:44
Welcome to NMP, Bullets. What are you doing to help take care of your anxiety?

Shake
20-12-13, 21:51
Hi and welcome to the forums

Bullets4all
20-12-13, 23:35
Thanks for welcoming me

Welcome to NMP, Bullets. What are you doing to help take care of your anxiety?

Drinking green tea...lol. Otherwise not enough. The waiting lists for therapy are soo long and I hate tablets which leaves me in a bit of a predicament.

I was given Citropram for a month but I didn't like it.

Tanner40
20-12-13, 23:39
Hey Bullets, why not they the free online CBT course. It has helped so much! Also, there quite a few beginner's guided meditations on YouTube. Amazing what thirty minutes a day can do!

Bullets4all
22-12-13, 14:04
Hey Bullets, why not they the free online CBT course. It has helped so much! Also, there quite a few beginner's guided meditations on YouTube. Amazing what thirty minutes a day can do!

You're a star. Thanks for the great advice. I'll try everything you mentioned :)

Tanner40
22-12-13, 14:11
No star here, just another recovering anxiety person. But one that is willing to work hard. I can't stress enough what thirty minutes a day of meditation can do, and you don't have to do it perfectly. Just do it.
I also go to YouTube and try to watch some comedy that will make me laugh. Laughter is so healing when we feel this way.