PDA

View Full Version : New here & help

relda
19-12-13, 22:39
I've suffered in silence for a long time. As a child I would worry excessively about my parents etc over the years I have avoided jobs, social events because of worries.

I constantly worry about bad things happening to loved ones, if my husband is late home it's like I get bit by a wave of hotness. I can't focus on anything other than that, I normally need to go to the toilet, after a while I go so cold I can't get warm or stop shaking.

Stress at work got too much for me recently & I'm currently on sick leave, I feel like I'm going mad. Little things are suddenly overwhelming, it's almost like a pressure on me that raises my anxiety.

I recently saw my GP and admitted some of how I feel, there's a lot more but a little is good for now. She's given me pregabalin.

I'm hoping for better days where I can be functional.

David Don
20-12-13, 23:12
He Relda,

It is very brave of you to take a step to deal with your anxiety. Its a very important first step.

As well as taking medication which will help you toward feeling more normal and functional, it is important to learn as much as possible about anxiety and GAD. By doing research and gaining knowledge. You will develop different coping skills to help you deal with your thoughts and emotions. In the long run you will start to feel better and confident enough to stop medication and start coping using the skills and knowledge you have learnt.

In the mean time, I wish you all the best. It is a long road so be patient and compassionate with yourself. Life does get better. You will look back a while from now, happy to have gone through the experience and become a happier stronger person because of it.