PDA

View Full Version : Damaged nervous system

bukendaa
20-12-13, 06:07
For the last 6 months I got addicted to caffeine I would drink high amounts a day maybe about 500 mg or less and a few nights ago I drank way to much I have anxiety in the past anyway and have suffers panic attacks most of my life but my heart and anxiety went out of controll and I went to hospital and they said its the caffeine and I should be okay. So I went home an it's been about 4 days and I've just been felling very on edge and my heart beats fast for no reason and I fell very anxious I haven't had any caffeine since but I was curious could it be nerve damage from to many stimulants and am I going to be this way forever?:weep:

HoneyLove
20-12-13, 07:31
I don't think it's possible for you to damage your nervous system this way, but it is possible to launch yourself into a cycle of anxiety and exhaustion triggered by the caffeine incident.

It's normal for your nervous system to feel on edge after a panic or too many stimulants, you need to help it calm down again.

To do this you need to use relaxation methods daily, like meditation, to kick your parasympathetic nervous system into action. This is the part of your nervous system that will calm you and make you feel calmer again.

Exercise can also be good for this, and you need to make sure you're eating and drinking well - don't skip meals and don't have too many stimulants.

If you work on it after a little while you'll begin to feel calmer again. Do whatever you can to raise your mood, relax and distract yourself.