PDA

View Full Version : Back from doctor...

LF87
20-12-13, 12:23
So I went. I explained my headaches and said I was worried about a tumour/aneurysm. She took my blood pressure and said it was 'spot on', which is always a good sign. She then said she does want me to get my eyes tested, as if there were any problems an optician would be able to flag it. She also said she wants some bloods done because her records were really old. She said she's not concerned, but still wants me to have these tests done.
Is this pretty normal procedure? I can't remember if I told her the headache happened when I went from kneeling to standing, don't know if that would make a difference to her diagnosis?
I asked if I had to book opticians urgently or could I wait until after Christmas, she said it was up to me but she thought the optician would give me further peace of mind.
I've come quite a way since a few months ago, can I just add. I was booking emergency appointments, and going to the doctors on a fortnightly, if not sometimes weekly basis. This appointment took three weeks, and I've stayed relatively calm throughout the wait, and I'm not in full panic (yet), that she wants me to have some tests done. The only thing that worries me a bit is she said she's not worried 'at the moment'. But she did also say she'd eat her desk if I had a tumour/aneurysm.
So yeah, just wondering if this was a normal thing for a doc to do, ask you to get certain things checked?
Thanks x

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Anyone? Sorry, I'm just feeling anxious x

Fishmanpa
20-12-13, 12:30
So I went. I explained my headaches and said I was worried about a tumour/aneurysm. She took my blood pressure and said it was 'spot on', which is always a good sign. She then said she does want me to get my eyes tested, as if there were any problems an optician would be able to flag it. She also said she wants some bloods done because her records were really old. She said she's not concerned, but still wants me to have these tests done.
Is this pretty normal procedure? I can't remember if I told her the headache happened when I went from kneeling to standing, don't know if that would make a difference to her diagnosis?
I asked if I had to book opticians urgently or could I wait until after Christmas, she said it was up to me but she thought the optician would give me further peace of mind.
I've come quite a way since a few months ago, can I just add. I was booking emergency appointments, and going to the doctors on a fortnightly, if not sometimes weekly basis. This appointment took three weeks, and I've stayed relatively calm throughout the wait, and I'm not in full panic (yet), that she wants me to have some tests done. The only thing that worries me a bit is she said she's not worried 'at the moment'. But she did also say she'd eat her desk if I had a tumour/aneurysm.
So yeah, just wondering if this was a normal thing for a doc to do, ask you to get certain things checked?
Thanks x

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Anyone? Sorry, I'm just feeling anxious x

Totally, absolutely, 110% normal for a doctor to recommend "routine" blood work. I don't totally agree about the eye appointment as reassurance but it will help to quell your fears for the moment. She's doing what any good doctor would do. Thing is, with your HA, if she didn't order any tests, you'd be upset that she wasn't checking it out. It's a vicious cycle. I love the "I'll eat my desk" statement. I'll join her and bring dessert if it turns out there's something seriously physically wrong ;) Enjoy the day and the holidays!

Positive thoughts

LF87
20-12-13, 13:01
Thanks fishman!
I think she just wants to be on the safe side with the eye appointment, with the stuff that's happened to my mum. But she said she's not concerned. Obviously it's niggling away at my now...I think I'll leave it til after Christmas maybe!
xx

Fishmanpa
20-12-13, 13:29
Thanks fishman!
I think she just wants to be on the safe side with the eye appointment, with the stuff that's happened to my mum. But she said she's not concerned. Obviously it's niggling away at my now...I think I'll leave it til after Christmas maybe!
xx

Maybe?... MAYBE?... You better! I'll come over there and kick your butt if you don't. Enjoy your Christmas for a change! ;)

Positive thoughts!

katesa
20-12-13, 13:35
Well done hon, that's progress indeed - certainly a big improvement from what I call "LF lumpy boob-gate".

And everything fishmanpa said is spot on.

LF87
20-12-13, 13:51
Haha, thanks guys! I'm going to leave it alone until after Christmas for defs.
I hope you both have a lovely and worry free Christmas (and anyone else who's reading)! xx