PDA

View Full Version : Quetiapine, Anyone?

Her Indoors
20-12-13, 15:27
Just been given Sondate XL (Quetiapine) for severe anxiety/depression. Has anyone been prescribed this and did it work and how long did it take to kick in? Please, please only good results, getting very desperate for something to help me. I am not sure what will happen to me if this doesn't help. I also take Pregabalin and Trimipramine.

Only good things, thank you.

J xxx

MrAndy
20-12-13, 15:29
Hello J me again !
I was on it in hospital it kicks in very quickly and will help you sleep and generally calm you down.Its quite strong and can make you drowsy it is a popular off label drug for anxiety

hope this helps

Her Indoors
20-12-13, 15:42
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your post and bless you.

I bet everyone is getting sick of me on here, but I am so desperate for something to work. Took my first tablet (50 mg) about and hour and a half ago, so far not really feeling anything except anxiety. I fear I am going to be one of those people that nothing works for. I seem to be stuck in this fear and anxiety and it never stops. Just relentless fear and no motivation. I have been in bed now for three days and can't even face having a bath. I have had my appointment in February brought forward to the beginning of January. I begged my husband to get me some help and he managed to talk to her and get me an emergency prescription for the Quetiapine to help me over the Christmas period. I am below rock bottom and so low I can't even cry anymore.

J xxxx

MrAndy
20-12-13, 15:46
J dont feel people are fed up of you they arent,the Quetiapine helped me and a lot of other people I know.It works a bit like a benzo but isnt addictive,it will really help you calm down and stop racing thoughts etc
take care :hugs:

Her Indoors
02-01-14, 10:38
Been on this medication now for 13 days (150 mg) but still having terrible anxiety all day long. Am wondering if I need an increase, or if I have to let it build up or if it just isn't working for me? Getting desperate as I have been like this for nearly a year and nothing seems to be helping me. What do I do if medication doesn't work for me? Would I need ECT? Would do anything as my quality of life is so poor. Just want to sit in my nightie all day. The panic and underlying relentless anxiety is making me very depressed and I feel hopeless. I don't want to die, but I can't live like this either.

I have an appointment with my Consultant tomorrow, hope she can help me. I am afraid I will be left like this forever. I am giving up hope. I also take Pregabalin and Trimipramine. Nothing seems to be working for me and I don't think anything will.

J xx

MrAndy
02-01-14, 10:44
150mg is a very low dose,maybe they will increase it
hang in there

relda
02-01-14, 10:46
Let's us know how you get on. My consultant has mumbled about this one but for depression rather than anxiety.

Her Indoors
02-01-14, 10:52
Hi again,

Does anybody know what the correct dose would be? Desperate, don't know how I am going to get through the day. Going to beg to have ECT, have read some good things about it and some bad, but tablets don't seem to be helping. I am in a pit of dispair.

J xx

relda
02-01-14, 10:55
Quickly googled & it seems to say up to 300mg for GAD.

MrAndy
02-01-14, 10:56
Hi again,

Does anybody know what the correct dose would be? Desperate, don't know how I am going to get through the day. Going to beg to have ECT, have read some good things about it and some bad, but tablets don't seem to be helping. I am in a pit of dispair.

J xx
i was on 400mg and i had a mate on 800mg ,its more sedating at the lower doses but less activating for anxiety,depression

Her Indoors
02-01-14, 11:03
Quickly googled & it seems to say up to 300mg for GAD.

Thank you Relda, much appreciated.

J xx

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

i was on 400mg and i had a mate on 800mg ,its more sedating at the lower doses but less activating for anxiety,depression

Hi Andy, sorry am I being a bit thick, does that mean I would need a high dose as my anxiety is so bad? Getting to the point I would take anything rather than feel like this. Was hoping to be feeling better by the New Year, but I feel even worse.

Hope you are feeling better though.

J xx

MrAndy
02-01-14, 11:11
Thank you Relda, much appreciated.

J xx

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Hi Andy, sorry am I being a bit thick, does that mean I would need a high dose as my anxiety is so bad? Getting to the point I would take anything rather than feel like this. Was hoping to be feeling better by the New Year, but I feel even worse.

Hope you are feeling better though.

J xx
low doses are sometimes used for insomnia,higher doses for anxiety/ depression and bi polar.You are are on other drugs though which might interact ,only a doctor can really advise.Quetiapine really made me feel groggy all of the time i didnt really like it but it made me sleep like a baby