PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling much Christmas cheer!!

BecciBoop
20-12-13, 17:02
So for the past few days I've had what I think is heartburn/reflux. Now I'm worrying over it again and my heart is pounding in my chest and I feel all of a sudden strange. Almost distant to myself. I have 2 children at home relying on my feeding changing routine but the way I feel I could curl up and go to sleep.
Maybe the stress of Christmas planning has got to me?

Anybody else feeling the pressure?

Xx

BumbleGirl
20-12-13, 18:55
Hi. Have you been to the drs? I'm sure they can put your mind at rest. It sounds typical of anxiety to make you feel strange and distant and have a pounding heart when you are worrying over something. I'm not feeling christmassy at all. Just found out my Mum has breast cancer so can't wait for christmas to be over so treatment can start in january! I have a young son though so I have to put on a smile and make christmas magic for him xx

Pomchi
20-12-13, 19:09
Hi Becky Boop,

I can sympathise with you about the lack of Christmas cheer. I personally can't wait for the January Sales!

I'm sure that the acid/heartburn is just caused by your anxiety. I have never suffered with it, but then about 2 weeks ago it started! Probably due to trying to multi-task due to Christmas. I expect half the population has it (well, the female half!)
I took Rennies for a week or so and it's better now. But I have other HA issues, so I'm never free of worry.

Talking on this site helps me though, so anytime you need to talk message me.

Hope you feel better soon x

cattia
20-12-13, 19:50
Christmas is a stressful time. I also have two small children so i know how you feel. There is no time to relax or have a break, they are wonderful but the demands are constant! I think with the added pressures of christmas, it is understandable to feel more anxious at this time of year. I know it's hard, but try to build some relaxation time into your day. When they are in bed, plan something nice for yourself for half an hour so you can unwind. It could be a nice bath with some essential oils, a relaxation recording to listen to, or, dare I say it, the ocassional glass of wine :)

BecciBoop
21-12-13, 16:58
Thanks for your replies. I was feeling better last night but today has been hardwork. Chest pain, panic, light head, palps the lot.

Im determined not to let this ruin my Christmas. That said im off for a shower to be ready to sit down for the Strictly final with a glass of wine. :whistles: wish me luck! ! Xx

Pomchi
21-12-13, 18:33
haha, I;m about to do exactly the same thing, wine already poured although add a box of pringles to that! Enjoy x