PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety really getting to me

BeckyBop
20-12-13, 17:56
So I had my first big panic attack for a while when I woke up this morning because my chest felt so weird and I was worrying about my breathing and now im feeling this way again. I just feel extremely anxious worried about breathing, test feels really weird and tight and I have that anxiety feeling in my stomach. I also notice that when I go to pee sometimes I find it hard because my muscles feel so weird and that ovbiously panics me more. I also feel slighly dizzy and detached and I feel so horrible and it makes me sad cause its meant to be Christmas and I just want to be normal. I hate feeling like im dying every minute of the day. I just feel at a loss right now. Please help

Pomchi
20-12-13, 18:22
Aw, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment, hon. My HA is very high right now, and I am trying hard not to lose it!

All your symptoms are anxiety related, even the problem when you pee is most likely because your muscles are so tense.

Have you tried anything to help you with your HA, like CBT or meditation?

BecciBoop
20-12-13, 18:46
Becky,

I'm exactly the same. Thought I was about to pass out whilst making my childrens tea earlier. I think its the anxiety of Christmas coming and the worries that go along with it. Im fed up of the palpitations that come and go. They make me feel sick. But I will soldier on. Im going to get stuck I to Christmas and enjoy every moment. Have a Happy Christmas hun, dont let HA ruin it xx

BeckyBop
20-12-13, 18:48
I have signed up for CBT but the waiting list is so huge! I personally wouldn't take medication as I believe anxiety can only truly be cured by yourself. My chest just feels soo tight at the moment its horrible and I know its only because im so tense but its so horrible and i find it very hard to relax. I also find I struggle to eat when i get so anxious

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

I think its the fact that at Christmas everyone is so happy and I just feel terrible that makes me feel worse! I hope you are well also and have a Merry Christmas also! x

Pomchi
20-12-13, 18:55
Sometimes it is just too hard to relax, and all you can do is wait it out and know that it will pass.

Keeping your thoughts on it only make it worse and I know how hard it is to find a distraction but if you can I bet the tight feelings in your chest get better.

I agree that I won't let this awful HA spoil Christmas, after all it only comes once a year!

Have you had HA for a long time? :)

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Actually I've just realised that talking on here is a distraction!

Fishmanpa
20-12-13, 18:56
Hi Becky,

Sorry you're feeling this way. While you're waiting for the CBT to start, please check this out...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91696

It's FREE! At least give it a try. I'm reading it now and it really does put things in perspective and help explain why things are happening to you. There are exercises to help you control your thoughts so they don't spiral out of control. Think of it like an early Christmas present ;)

Positive thoughts

BeckyBop
20-12-13, 21:00
I have had health anxiety for a few weeks I think anxiety in general since august. I will check that out thanks! :)