PDA

View Full Version : How long can symptoms of anxiety last????

Altrincham
20-12-13, 20:01
I've had the following symptoms for well over 6 weeks no and so convinced it must be a neurological condition.... pins and needles in hand, weakness in arms, pins and needles in both feet, twitching,(especially at night), hand seizing up (feeling arthritic) especially in the cold , Ive just had a MRI scan done but wont get the results till after christmas... as I've had the symptoms so long and fairly constant I am sure it must be an underlying neurological condition like MS, am finding it so hard to wait for my results

Gotagetthroughthis
20-12-13, 20:08
Ive had many similar symptoms and also many different neurological symptoms from yourself and have had a lot of them for a year and a half and still nothing has happened.

lfc65
20-12-13, 20:27
Hi. I have had these symptoms, and more besides, on and off for 11 years. They get worse in periods of extreme HA and I have never been referred for tests as my GP is sure they are anxiety related. She's right of course! Take care

hangingbasket
20-12-13, 20:28
Personally I dont know much about neurological conditions (that hasnt been one of my worries and I dont plan on researching it to find out)... but in answer to your question, How long can anxiety symptoms last??? they will last until you accept them, stop fearing them, stop giving them attention and truely believe they are caused by anxiety.
I had symptoms for months and months... some people on here have suffered for years.