PDA

View Full Version : omg

lisad1977
20-12-13, 23:05
someone plz help has anyone else ever had a sudden feeling that they cant swallow. i was just sat here and had the feelin i cudnt i tried and it sort of got stuck. i thought omg what the hell is happening i had to try a few times b for i cud actually swallow. what the hell is it what does it mean.

Tanner40
20-12-13, 23:12
Use the search tool and look up swallowing, Lisa. I think that you will find that many people have experienced this part of anxiety.

nomorepanic
20-12-13, 23:27
We have a whole sub forum dedicated to this so have a read in there

Katiex
14-01-14, 23:24
Yes I have had this for the past 12 years. My mum gets it too. Its definitely down to anxiety and you will find that now that its happened it will happen again because you think it will. Try not to worry :hugs:

Fly away Katie
14-01-14, 23:31
I've had, and lived with this for 3 years. Your throat tightens because you're so tense bless you. Have a read about it or mail me! I'm a bloomin expert on it now xxx

EKB
14-01-14, 23:41
All the time. It's the worst! It's how I know I'm getting worked up.

Swallowing is a very complex reflex. When you become aware of it, it gets weird. It's way worse if you start testing yourself. Plus, you'll swallow a ton of air and get gassy. Best thing to do is go get a cup of tea or something warm and sip it. Or drink some water. That sort of proves to your mind that yes, you can swallow. Plus it keeps you hydrated.