PDA

View Full Version : its 2.45am and i cant sleep...worrying about my head

stressedmamof3
21-12-13, 02:59
I find myself in this awful position again, head fears disappeared almost a year ago only to come back this week with a vengeance :weep:
had a cat scan back in jan on my brain everything was ok, neurologist said it sounded like migraines- plausible to me at the time.
fast forward a whole year and im back to square one... been readin my posts from around that time and this time I seem to be worse :weep:

started a few days ago just as shooting pains in my left head and has turned into a mild continuous headache just down my left head, at first it felt like it was a sinus headache, but as the days have got on it hasn't got any better.
I cant pinpoint one place for the feelings in my head as it varies from temple area to top of scalp however it rarely goes into my forehead.
along with this , I have been experiencing mild pins and needles in my right hand, also my hands and feet are colder than normal.
I have had a few episodes in the last few hours where im trying to get to sleep and I just forget the thing iv been thinking of 2seconds ago, this has really frightened me and now I am so anxious, I have diarrhoea :weep:
I have lay in bed several times trying to sleep but as soon as I forget what iv been thinking of, I get a weird feeling in tummy and need to nip to the loo.
I am trying to tell myself that I am just over thinking these things as I know that the mind is a powerful thing .

I am praying that this isn't a brain tumour but I am getting many of the symptoms.
please note it is not the headaches keeping me awake it is me worrying.

is anyone online to put my mind at ease xxx

xBettyBoopx
21-12-13, 05:41
It sounds like neuralgia to me. Did the doc give you any pain medication?

It's certainly not anything to worry about re your brain tumour worry. Plz go back to docs see what he says about it.

Weird feeling in tummy and going to the loo is 'nerves'.

Els

stressedmamof3
21-12-13, 07:09
thanks for reply, neuralgia would be plausible but what about the memory loss, lying in bed last night, I couldn't remember what I was thinking after seconds, this has happened quite frequently through the night at least 10 times :unsure:
now I am awake and I feel sick which is also another sign of a bt

HoneyLove
21-12-13, 08:58
Tingling feelings, memory problems, feeling sick and feeling cold in your extremities are all classic migraine symptoms. Many migraine sufferers mistake their migraine for sinus pain, I've done it myself!

Migraine is very misunderstood, it doesn't always mean a terrible headache but is actually a disturbance of the nervous system which can manifest in so many odd symptoms. It can even happen on a chronic levels where you have odd symptoms daily without the obvious painful migraine headache.

It might be a good idea to do a little research on migraine, and chronic migraine. It will help you understand more about what you're experiencing and you can learn about the migraine brain and living a migraine friendly lifestyle.

Another thing to consider is if you clench your jaw or grind your teeth in your sleep, as this can trigger migraine or TMJ which also has symptoms similar to yours.

If you had a brain tumour it would have shown up on the CT, so it's time for you to focus on the diagnosis the neurologist has given you and see what you can do to help calm the migraine symptoms.

mummyanxious
21-12-13, 09:03
Memory loss be ause you're worrying and worrying is a side way to forget things. I've stopped worrying about memory loss. I can't remember anything these days but I have too much in my head for it to hold into everything.
I would second the trapped nerve. But if you feel your symptoms are worse do go back and discuss with your dr.

hheavenlyangel
21-12-13, 10:30
I have been having similar pains such as you describe. I have been under so much stress as Christmas always becomes busy trying to get things done at home and at work. I have a weak point at the base of my skull, this seems to be where the pain is eminating from and it radiates over the right side of my scalp, my ear, temple andbehind the eye. It also radiates down my shoulder blade. The pain got so bad yesterday I took the strongest over the counter pain killer you can get, It knocked me out so I could sleep but when I woke up although it wasn't any where near as bad, it was still there. I have been terribly forgetful such as you have but I know its stress, I know its nothing to worry about at all. You need to remember that when we are stressed our bodies react in ways we wouldn't associate stress with. Memory Loss, tension headaches, so many things and worrying about it makes it worse, its a vicious cycle. Just take some time out for yourself throughout the day to sit and relax, meditate. You are perfectly fine but if you're still anxious about it pop into see the dr and let him know how you're feeling so he/she can put your mind at ease. xxx

Apple81
21-12-13, 10:51
Honeylove's bang on. It sounds like you could be experiencing migraine - which has a whole raft of symptoms including diarrhoea. It might be an idea to keep a diary of when you get the headaches, what the pain is like, any other symptoms, what you were eating/drinking or doing before it started.

Migraines can be horrendous - I know, I get them myself- and the array of other symptoms can be frightening. Keeping a diary will be a good way of helping your GP to look for patterns and therefore diagnosing it. Or, alternatively, it could be sinus or tension related. But, if you had a CT scan, especially while you were experiencing these symptoms, it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about.

stressedmamof3
21-12-13, 19:14
Tanks for replying, well this morning I ended up going to A&E as I suddenly started experiencing zigzags in my left eye for 20ins, dr reassured me its migraine and has asked me to go to my own gp to get medication for it, she did give me some amitriptaline which iv took in the pt and been zonked out but I am shatterd so plan to take 2 later.

HoneyLove
21-12-13, 19:23
It sounds like it would be a good idea for you to do a little research on migraine, all the different types including chronic migraine, so that you understand your diagnosis a bit better.

Hope you're feeling ok this evening x

stressedmamof3
23-12-13, 20:42
Thanks, I'm going to the docs but not until the 9th jan :( hasnt been as bad since sat, but now the other side is starting :mad: