PDA

View Full Version : Skin Flushing SO worried please help

noangeluk
21-12-13, 03:33
Hi, I'm 26 and have high blood pressure which i think is down to stress and being overweight. I had a wide range blood test that was clear, but I have to do a 24 hour urine test and i read online that it can be to test for tumours on the adrenals and kidney! Im so bloody worried

One thing that i have been noticing is skin flushes. My hands and lower arms go red quite alot. I think I've always had them and usually get them when the heating in the house is on. But, I'm experiencing extreme levels of anxiety for months, can this cause the flushing?

I heard this might be a symptom of a tumor and its scared me so much.

If my blood test came back fine with everything at the right level is that good?

EDIT: Just been reading and looks like flushing is mostly to do with onset heat and sweating. I'm always warm but have none of that, always have been and my hands and lower arm just go red no other sensations. Plus the tumors are related to high level of cortisol which leads to muscle loss and im building muscle lol so is this just anxiety?

Thanks

sophieunderscore
21-12-13, 11:22
Anxiety and stress can cause a histamine response which can cause skin flushing. This is just your body being overly sensitive and thinking it needs to react to something which isn't there. Also, in this weather, if you've been outside in the cold, then come inside, your body will react to this by flushing. I don't know why you're googling, you know it doesn't help.

noangeluk
21-12-13, 15:25
So its completely normal? it lasts for quite a while and sometimes i wake up with it.

Looks like blood rushing to my skin. I hear skin flushing comes and goes where as this has stayed for hours, is it normal due to like an after effect from having anxiety?