PDA

View Full Version : pregabalin and teeth

joanne30
21-12-13, 10:26
I've read on some online forums that some people have had problems with their teeth, where they've crumbled and fallen out, rotted or the fillings have fallen out. I've had a severe choking phobia for over 20 years, which caused by teeth to erode due to holding liquids in my mouth for too long. My local dental hospital put composite veneers on my teeth, which was brilliant. I'm now worrying that the pregabalin will affect my teeth because they're starting to get painful.

hanshan
21-12-13, 10:45
I'm not aware of pregabalin causing any problems with teeth. Can you post a linK? I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

SarahH
21-12-13, 12:30
No problems with my teeth:) Still have all of them

hanshan
28-01-14, 04:59
Holding acidic drinks in your mouth can erode teeth. This includes many fruit juices, particularly citrus, and also fizzy drinks, which are a weak acid. Wash out your mouth with water after drinking them.

Mostly teeth crumbling away comes from dental caries, caused by bacteria living in plaque. The commonly advised actions include (1) brushing with an electric toothbrush, (2) flossing daily, (3) rinsing with a mouthwash, (4) having a proper scaling done twice a year, (5) asking your dentist about any periodontal pockets you may have, (6) buying an oral water irrigator and using it at least twice a week with some antibacterial solution. I'm not a dental professional, so I'm just passing that information on, not personally recommending it.