PDA

View Full Version : new palpitations in the form of flutters? :/

eastofeden
21-12-13, 16:20
I get palpitations a lot but only the big thump kind.
Recently I've started getting bursts of extremely fast heartbeat that only last 2 seconds but i get scared it's ventricular tachy.
Yesterday i was waiting in line and got these and felt like i was going to faint.
I got an ecg yesterday and it came back okay.

Does anyone else get flutters instead of thumps?

Fishmanpa
21-12-13, 16:31
Hey there EofE

I personally don't get them as I'm not an anxiety sufferer but I can recount numerous threads that describe the identical symptoms. In many cases, the person posted was checked out and everything was normal according to the EKG/ECG.

What you describe are quite common symptoms of anxiety and panic. If you read through the "Symptoms" link on the left side of the page you'll see all that you described in your post. Many members are having success in treating their anxiety with CBT therapy.

Check out this link: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140300
It's a FREE CBT course that many here have had success with. I personally downloaded it and find several of the techniques helpful for my own situation. I believe you'll be nodding your head in agreement as you read through it as it accurately describes what's going on when you feel panicked and stressed.

Positive thoughts

sky66
21-12-13, 16:39
Hiya...I sympathise with you eastofeden...i also get the big thumping ones, in rows of about 4 or 5 at a time...and yes i get the fluttery ones as well..im 47 and have had these from being about 12...although they say its ectopic beats caused by being anxious...still hard to come to terms with after all these years...when the fluttery ones start do a little cough i find that helps x