PDA

View Full Version : Christmas fear

Ats666
21-12-13, 19:28
I'm having horrible anxiety, keep thinking I'm not going to be here to spend Christmas with my kiddies!! It's such a horrible feeling. Any twinge I get I fear it's my heart. I hate the unknown:weep:, I want to control my future!! How can I stop these thoughts?

kerri
21-12-13, 20:28
I feel the same as you, also when my kids birthdays are approaching or any other kind of special event. No advice but just to say that you are not alone in feeling that way

Hypo
21-12-13, 20:38
Three of my kids lost their father last week.

They won't see their dad Xmas day, or ever again.

However, YOU are alive and there is no logical reason to think you won't be in a few days time or even in many many years to come.

I am saying this just to put it into perspective.

You are alive. LIVE. My ex husbands last wish was to not die until after Xmas, he didn't get that wish. Don't you waste your Xmas by worrying. Please.

You are NOT alone with these feelings.. I fear I am going to die very soon too so while I can advise you, taking my own advice isn't as easy.

Again, I don't say this to be mean or to make you feel bad, but to hopefully give you some perspective.

You have no logical reason to expect you are going to die unless you have been told you only have days to live. A twinge is a twinge. I have a twinge in my ankle right now, pretty sure it isn't about to fall off. Body parts twinge, sometimes they even hurt for no reason at all.

Go enjoy your Xmas.

Sadly, we can't control a great deal in life. I hate that too, it is something we need to learn to try to accept.

Ats666
22-12-13, 14:13
I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I do try and put things into perspective, but as you know it's easier said than done. I wish so much I didn't think like I do :(