PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thoughts....

hangingbasket
21-12-13, 20:29
We all know that one of the best healing tactics is to be sure to do one thing everyday that makes us happy. Something fun, something enjoyable, something that makes us smile. I do think that this one thing is very easy to overlook when you are in the midst of a relapse of panic and worry, but it is very important.

Soooo... what have you done today?

It doesnt have to be absailing or white water rafting, just something you can look back on and go "I enjoyed that". I thought this would be a useful post to remind people of the importance of distraction and enjoying things. Maybe if you read this tonight, tomorrow you wont forget!

I made Christmas cookies with my daughters today. It was great. We had a chat, made a mess, got some awesome looking cookies out of it, and we ALL had fun :)

What did everyone else do that made them smile?

cattia
21-12-13, 20:39
I took my kids to a birthday party for one of their little friends who was 2. It was soft play so while the kids ran round, the mums had a chance to chat, then we had birthday tea. :)

Fishmanpa
21-12-13, 20:49
I did some last minute Christmas shopping and spent some time down by the beautiful Shenandoah River on a 67* 1st day of winter :)

Great post btw....

Tanner40
21-12-13, 22:09
I took a long walk after Christmas shopping. Balmy weather here as well. Watching everyone walking their dogs made me smile.

mermaid
21-12-13, 22:32
I spent time with my gorgeous step-daughter who is 15 going on 30! She always makes me laugh. She is caring and thoughtful and although she knows I am ill but no proper details she seems to just 'get' me!

Mermaid

Tessar
22-12-13, 07:45
met up with some friends and made their grand daughter laugh. paid her a compliment which made her go all shy, we then played peekaboo while she overcame her self-consciousness.

HB: this is a good thread; I remember when I was in the pits of depression my therapist suggesting I do 2 things a day to raise my spirits. Over a decade later, if I am feeling down I still remember her suggestion.