PDA

View Full Version : Rang an ambulance last night still worried

illgetthere
22-12-13, 14:16
So for a few weeks now I've been have a problem breathing feels like I can't catch my breath really frightend because it feels like I'm going to stop breathing I have a hiatus hernia do I rang 111 she went thru a series of questions and at tbe end she said I'll send a ambulance so I said yes ok then,so the ambulance came put the thing on my finger blood pressure and ECG said everyone was fine all stats what he would say perfect then said an ECG does ant tell you everything about you heart 😔 so my question is do u think I have a heart problem if not why can't I really breath and I really can't I'm so worried x

Fishmanpa
22-12-13, 14:48
So for a few weeks now I've been have a problem breathing feels like I can't catch my breath really frightend because it feels like I'm going to stop breathing I have a hiatus hernia do I rang 111 she went thru a series of questions and at tbe end she said I'll send a ambulance so I said yes ok then,so the ambulance came put the thing on my finger blood pressure and ECG said everyone was fine all stats what he would say perfect then said an ECG does ant tell you everything about you heart 😔 so my question is do u think I have a heart problem if not why can't I really breath and I really can't I'm so worried x

While an ECG/EKG doesn't detect all things, it will detect serious issues that warrant further testing and attention. If your stats were normal, then your stats were normal. Otherwise you'd be in the hospital.

The reason you're having issues is because of anxiety and panic. Do you have a plan to deal with this? If not, Check out this link: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140300
It's a FREE CBT course that many here have had success with.You'll find several techniques helpful for your situation. I believe you'll be nodding your head in agreement as you read through it as it accurately describes what's going on when you feel panicked and stressed.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
22-12-13, 15:17
The breathing problem is so common with anxiety and it usually because you are not breathing from the abdomen so you are shallow breathing from the chest.

You can learn abdominal breathing- there is some info about it on the pages on the left - the coping one I think

illgetthere
22-12-13, 16:59
Thank-you for re-plying not going to say I've not been anxious this week because I really have whilst cbt works for some unfortunatly it hasn't worked for me at all whilst I'm a 100x better then 3 years ago I still can get to grips with some things I haven't had tbe breathing feeling before so it most definitely has worried me 😭 x

nomorepanic
22-12-13, 18:04
Have a look at Robin's CBT programme anyway. Never say never - this time it may click with you.