PDA

View Full Version : really need some reasurance

tricia56
22-12-13, 16:42
hi not sure why im feeling like this but I woke up this morning as usall feeling anxiouse and just tried to get on with things, but this afternoon my daughter foned me to see if I would have my 3 grandchildren over night i said yes as ive had them before but as soon as came off the fone I started to feel quite panicky started to get a headache abit shakey and then started to think the wat if I get really ill or die or have a panic attack which sent me worse. ive tried being rational and told myself that ive had the grandchildren before and nothing happened and nothing will but I cant seem to believe in myself that I will be fine as ive tried asking myself whats the worsed thing that can happen and when I try to answer the question get very scared especialy the wat if I die bit and I don't know how to ansewer that question . is it just my anxiety that has made me feel this way as Im beating myself up as to why im feeling like this just because im having my grandchildren stay over and if anyone can give me any advice if it normal to feel like this, and also any advice on the question about the worse thing that can happen thing as I really srugle with that so for my post being so long and hope its not too confuseing as ive got myself in a right mess over it thk you

phil6
22-12-13, 16:55
Tricia,
Anxiety does 2 things... It makes us feel very uncomfortable physically.... And it then generates negative thoghts.
This is the way the brain gets us to act to keep us from danger.
The thoughts are very believable and feel real. But they do not bear any resemblance to reality. They can run wild and reinforce the anxiety. The whole thing is a bluff.
Now it is a bluff that I find difficult to ignore also, but a bluff it is.
Just try and understand that you have managed to frighten yourself with some fearful thoughts.... But they are just thoughts... Nothing like this is going to happen.