PDA

View Full Version : I feel so guilty what do i do?

Kez_miller
22-12-13, 18:54
Hi everyone, Basically i am in a dilemma that i need to make a decision on. as many of you know, I used to live with my partner for around 5 years, but unfortunately my grandad got cancer and my nan is very old and can't really walk. so 7 months ago i moved back in with my grandparents for help them on a daily basis, now these 7 months have just been filled with the most extreme stress i have ever felt, abuse from my grandmother even though i was helping, not being able to have seen my partner much because he grandad had a stroke not long after we moved out, no time at all to myself, not really leaving the house, no social life what so ever. Now 3 weeks ago my grandad passed away god bless his sole, and things just went from bad to worse, I'm feeling dizzy and ill on a daily basis which i assume is from all the stress, my anxiety that i suffered with for a while anyway as just got worse and I am so scared if i stay living with my grandmother then i will just end up having a breakdown and who knows....thing is its got to the point now for my own health and sanity i think i need to move back into my own place with my partner again. my grandmother as a carer come in in the morning and evening and could even had an extra to visits a day. thing is when ever i think about moving back out i get filled with this extreme guilty feeling in the pit of my stomach, she's 84 and is obviously grieving, but i haven't even had time to grieve myself due to as i mentioned before having to time to myself what so ever. I just have no idea what to do, i can't put her in a home, that would be unfair but if i stay i am just going to end up a wreck, what would you guys do? please try and be as kind as possible...:wacko:

Annie0904
22-12-13, 19:08
You have done an excellent job caring for your Grandparents but you do have your own life to live. Your health is very important and if you stay looking after your Grandmother I fear that your own health will worsen.
You should not be feeling guilty about this, you have done a lot already. You can still visit your Grandmother and if she has a carer going to visit to then you know someone is helping her.
Are there any other family members who could visit her?
You need to think about what is best for you at the moment and it is not fair that you should be parted from your partner.

Kez_miller
22-12-13, 19:17
You have done an excellent job caring for your Grandparents but you do have your own life to live. Your health is very important and if you stay looking after your Grandmother I fear that your own health will worsen.
You should not be feeling guilty about this, you have done a lot already. You can still visit your Grandmother and if she has a carer going to visit to then you know someone is helping her.
Are there any other family members who could visit her?
You need to think about what is best for you at the moment and it is not fair that you should be parted from your partner.

The rest of the so called family are horrible, they act like they care but don't actually do anything, because my grandma holds the ace of the pack in terms of she has a lot of money and a nice house that they are after, although its been left to me when she goes i don't care about that, i would trade all of that to have my grandad back and have my nan live forever, material things and money mean nothing to me without love. i am just so concerned for my health, i was doing so well i had overcome nearly my anxiety by myself with no tablets or Proffesional CBT but its all just come flooding back and a lot worse than ever. i dunno, i just feel backed into a tight corner with a pack of dogs snarling at me.