PDA

View Full Version : panicking over an intimidating parent

suzieq76
23-12-13, 02:31
Hi

I feel I am losing control big time. I have suffered from panic/anxiety/depression for several years now. This last week as been horrendous and stems from my son been bullied at school, school have been great and are sorting this out etc. However I am finding it hard to cope, im naturally worried for my son and the panic/anxiety is eating away at me. I am unable to sleep. The bullys parents are intimidating and are turning me into a nervous wreck. I am on edge and this is really getting me down. I guess what I am looking for is some advice on how to sort myself out and a strong firm kick up the butt! I'm usually pretty good at talking myself around but I'm struggling at the moment.:-(

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brunette
23-12-13, 09:59
I might be reading this wrongly but as well as your son being bullied, it sounds as if you are being (or at least feeling as if you are being) bullied in turn by this child's parents.

When did you meet these people? Was it under supervision from the school?

hanshan
23-12-13, 11:45
If the school are doing a good job, just hold back for a while. Hopefully, they will bring about a satisfactory conclusion. If you are still not satisfied, you can arrange a further meeting with school staff. For the moment, let things take their course.

suzieq76
23-12-13, 18:33
Thanks for the replies, I am been over anxious and the good thing is I'm aware of this. The parents are the type that stare across the playground and tend to live off their mouths rather than actions if this makes sense. I just find it a bit intimidating I guess and its causing havoc with my sleep on an a night. :-(