PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I just want to be hugged

scared soul
23-12-13, 03:00
Sometimes when I'm feeling really worried about something or very tearful I just want to be hugged.

I'm not overly worried about hugging although I do sometimes think that if someone hugs me I might hug them back wrong, but I don't know how to ask someone for a hug.

There have been times when I've desperately longed to be held and I think it's come close but then the person seems to step away or change their mind. For example, my mum passed away this year and when I went back to work one of my colleagues got up to greet me when I came in and it seemed she was about to put her arms around me but then she sort of backed off. I think she wasn't sure that it was the right thing to do for me but it was what I wanted. Maybe it's to do with the way I come across, I am quite a shy person and maybe people think twice because of that.

How can I ask someone when I need a hug, is it ok to just ask them to hold me?

Does anybody else feel this way?

helenclaire
23-12-13, 09:53
Sending you some hugs

:hugs::hugs::hugs:xxx

theharvestmouse
23-12-13, 10:27
I'm the same, there are times I've needed and wanted a hug but feel awkward about it.

MrAndy
23-12-13, 11:24
:bighug1:

Tanner40
23-12-13, 12:35
It's always okay to ask for a hug. Human beings need that warmth and caring. Consider yourself hugged.

Magic
23-12-13, 12:57
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:if you ask for a hug--you will get one. I do it all the time no one has refused mexxxxxxxxxxxxx

scared soul
24-12-13, 03:04
Thanks you're all so kind here and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. :hugs:

xBettyBoopx
24-12-13, 03:11
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:
From me to you.

I always want a hug perhaps because I never get one. Last time I was hugged was at my dads funeral 15 months ago!

We want what we can't have and the people who don't want it, get it! The world is topsy turvy and I'm sick of it!

More hugs for you:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: