PDA

View Full Version : Scared out of my mind

scrumking
23-12-13, 04:16
I am having a rough go of things lately and to sum it all up I am terrified I won't be here for Christmas.

I am laying in bed terrified of going to sleep because I don't think I will wake up I Keep thinking my heart will stop or I will have a massive heart attack or stop breathing and my wife will wake to me dead beside her none the wiser to what happened and of ot doesn't happen while I am sleeping I have the same fears that it will happen at some point and I will not be alive for Christmas. I am so freaked out that something sinister is wrong with my heart and the same phrase keeps going through my head "ekg can not detect everything maybe it missed something and your heart is not healthy enough to keep you alive much longer"

I don't know what to do anymore please help me

Sar89
23-12-13, 05:28
Hey I have this fear a lot that I'm going to die in my sleep ! Actually to scared to go to sleep some nights... cue severe exhaustion the next day! I live alone an worry I will die an my little daughter will be on her own with my body an no1 will notice for days thank god it hasn't happened yet had this fear for years now. That impending doom feeling is a classic case of anxiety, you feel almost as if you have a 6th sense like u know u will die ! It's the anxiety Hun... Twisting ur mind making u feel like that. The ekgs are pretty accurate you know .. And at ur age if you had some undiagnosed heart condition it would of shown by now ! My brother has a pretty serious heart condition an his got picked up when he was 18.. By a stethoscope for a army medical. Go to sleep u are fine it's ur mind that's doing all this to you x

hheavenlyangel
23-12-13, 16:26
Scrumking, It sounds very much to me that you internalize - meaning when you are overwhlemed with the events around you and you feel like you're not in control every sensation or feeling you have triggers your anxiety - because that is something you CAN control even though you feel -out of control - (I know, doesn't make sense right). What evidence do you have that something is going to happen to you in your sleep?

Chester
23-12-13, 16:35
I have very much the same feelings as you OP.

I tend to feel not quite right