PDA

View Full Version : Waking up early everyday.

GirlAfraid23
23-12-13, 08:42
Why does this happen?

I'm on my Christmas holidays and despite what time I go to bed at night, my body clock still wakes me up at the same time (work time) everyday.

I can't lay in and feel shattered for the rest of the day :(

Anyone else like this?

To make matters worse, I have a chesty cough and sore throat that won't go away so near to christmas :(

Rennie1989
23-12-13, 12:06
Your body is just used to a routine. My husband and I get that a lot, if anything I always wake up earlier on my day off.

As for the cough, try honey and lemon tea :)

MrAndy
23-12-13, 12:12
perfectly normal its your body clock,in my case ive got a hyper active 2 year old that makes sure im up early :)

Tanner40
23-12-13, 12:15
I do the exact same thing. In my case, it's my German Shepherd. His body clock doesn't care that I have a day off he wakes me up at the same time seven days a week.

Fishmanpa
23-12-13, 12:22
It's what Rennie said and your biological clock. We condition ourselves to awaken at a certain time. I can't tell you how disappointed I've been knowing I could sleep in and awakening earlier than I wanted to and not been able to go back to sleep. The beauty of time off is you can always take a nap. I do love naps :)

I'm a night owl. Have been all my life. Perfectly suited for the profession of music which I did full time for much of my life. Then I joined the corporate world and had to wake up early. I do it but I'm still not used to it after all these years. I'm the type that can't see straight and needs a cup of coffee before I start feeling human. My gf can awaken and be up and about almost instantly. I don't know how she does it! ~lol~

Anyway... Enjoy your time off and have a wonderful Christmas :)

Positive thoughts

I'mdave27
23-12-13, 13:07
I have the exact same thing and yes it can be annoying but I choose to see it as a good thing , it took a while. I used to go to bed really late then wake up really early , shattered like yourself , now I just go to bed when I'm tired. However , this does not mean I get good quality sleep , far from it. I've always been a night person so it's hard for me to not be grumpy during the day but to be honest I've gotten use to it. I know it's doing damage to my health but I'm in a no win situation because I drink caffeine to make me feel awake , alot , then when it's bed time.... I'm wide awake ! Lol

GirlAfraid23
24-12-13, 09:10
Thanks guys.

It happened again today :( I was out last night and despite a late night, I woke up at 7.50am again :(

Rennie1989
24-12-13, 16:57
I'd love to be able to get up at 7.50 every morning.

What I often do, if I wake up early on a day off, is to either stay laying in bed with a cuppa and the telly on or get on with housework, the sooner it's done the better anyway.

pas74
25-12-13, 08:13
Thanks guys.

It happened again today :( I was out last night and despite a late night, I woke up at 7.50am again :(

7.50am!!!! Surely that's a lie in?

Long time since I managed to sleep much after 5am :-/