PDA

View Full Version : does any ond else suffdr bad back with anxisty

trish1955
23-12-13, 10:40
Does any one lose suffer bad back with anxiety my anxiety is with me all day every day never let's up at all and for some time now my back constantly aches from the bottom all the way up to my neck every mussel in my body is so tense I am sore it wears me out trying to keep my self from having a full blown panic attack so always tired but its never the kind of tired were you can sleep its just like my mind and body are tired no energy hate this time of year as you need more energy to get every thing done then I get anxiuose cuts I can not get every thing done sorry if I am babbling just seem to be having a right bad time at the moment take care trish

Rennie1989
23-12-13, 12:04
I have a scoliosis which is exacerbated by anxiety. Once I'm tense it's my back and shoulders that are the first to hurt. I remember one time I was in so much pain, I was on OTC pain killers, had my TENS machine on and tried hot water bottles, resting etc. Once the stress was removed the back ache went with it, amazing.

Practice relaxation techniques, which ever you are more comfortable with. Whether it's forcefully tensing then untensing, deep breathing or meditation. The back ache is caused by muscle tension from the anxiety, so once relaxed the ache will begin to go.

Magic
23-12-13, 13:06
Yes , anxiety can cause on all sorts of pain. Rennie is right in what she says about relaxation --will help.

trish1955
23-12-13, 13:17
I no yr right but my mind is so focused all the time on wants wrong I find it so hard to relax even at bed time I think I even go to sleep tense so wen I get up next morning the first thing I notice is my back neck shoulders are stiff and ache BT I will try I wish I was a pencil drawing I would rub my self out and start a fresh lol thanks guys x

Rennie1989
25-12-13, 10:34
Just try out a few relaxation techniques as well as distraction techniques. I understand it's hard but it takes time and practise. Instead of thinking 'but I can't do it' start thinking 'i will try and give it a go' don't be dismissive.