PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness

TG
23-12-13, 13:55
Hi. I'm a new user with awful health anxiety.
I am suffering from a wave of a funny feeling like dizziness every so often. It doesn't happen when I'm busy or engrossed in things, only when I sit down or think about it.
I'm freaking out that it's a brain tumour. I'm going for cbt in jan but wonder if anyone could reassure me

cherrypie26
23-12-13, 14:29
Hi TG.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. I was having alot of dizziness at the start of the year along with headaches, feeling slightly off balance etc. It was pretty much constant and took over my life for about 2 months. I went to the drs about 7 times within this period and was checked over and had blood tests but they couldnt explain it so put it down to anxiety. At the time I couldnt accept this and was absolutely convinced that I had a brain tumour. I am now having stomach pain so am obsessed that I have cancer around that area.

Dizziness is a very common symptom of anxiety and I am sure that is all it is. Especially as its only there when you think about it too much. Try to keep calm and keep yourself distracted as much as possible. Looking back now I can see I had anxiety and it just got worse and worse but when you're experiencing it then you think worse case scenario. If it continues to worry you or you get any other symptoms then go to your gp to get checked out, but this should pass.

All the best

TG
23-12-13, 14:33
I have also suffered the stomach pains.
I had an endoscopy which showed nothing and as soon as it did all my symptoms vanished!
It is always cancer I think of when anything hurts or feels funny.

cherrypie26
23-12-13, 15:41
I know exactly how you feel. What a crappy way to be isnt it ?! I mostly think its cancer especially as I work in a hospital with people who have it. Its always worse case scenario with HA. I am terrified that the dr will send me for an endoscopy if the pain carried on! What were your stomach pains like. This is like something ive never felt before so therefore im scared

TG
23-12-13, 17:12
Hey cherriepie,
They felt like a gnawing pain. They were horrible. But also accompanied by heartburn and sort of ibs symptoms.
The doc thought it might be an ulcer but was nothing.
I know how you feel, it's very scary.
Deep down inside I'm ok but I overthink things, always have done.
X