PDA

View Full Version : Probably pathetic question

Lana
23-12-13, 14:58
I had a doctor at a state of the art clinic look into my nose to see where the bleeding might be coming. He did not find anything suspicious and told me that it is my allergies acting up in the extreme dry air during winter. Now I can not stop thinking about whether the thin camera probe he put into my nose was sterile. I even went back to the clinic next day and , with some embarrassment asked him if it was clean. He kind of could not believe what I came for, but patiently said to me: Everything gets sterilized after every use.
I am seriously crazy at this point?

cpe1978
23-12-13, 15:07
No, but you do have HA and it seems to me that by even asking the question, that whilst you aren't at this point able to stop irrational thoughts, you are at least able to appreciate that they are irrational.

An extremely important first step - well done and Merry Christmas

Lana
23-12-13, 15:11
Dear cpe1978,

Thank you so much, and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you too!

jillyb
23-12-13, 15:11
This reminds me of when my husband had an endoscopy. He gagged, the camera flew out on to the floor, the doctor picked it up and popped it back in! So much for hygiene! Fortunately my husband is not a worrier and was not concerned and was fine. Oh to be like him, life would be so much sweeter!

hheavenlyangel
23-12-13, 16:32
LOL I had those same thoughts when I had one done too! He pulled it out of a bucket ... of something... I was like ermmmm I hope that's sterile. As much as it killed me to do it, I had to let those thoughts go and remember that in Australia and where you are, there are laws that these Dr's MUST adhere to and I know we hear stories of DR's who don't but honestly they are few and very far between.

Lana
23-12-13, 17:17
Dear hheavenlyangel,

Thank you, and I think your approach is totally right - I simply have to force myself to let go of this, and be done with it. Period.
Thank you again.

rb1978
23-12-13, 19:33
That is exactly what I would think lol but you shouldn't worry, the little probe will have been absolutely fine.

I went to the the dr last week and had a procedure which involved a rubber glove - don't worry I won't elaborate - I sat there afterwards and thought "was that clean" and even started feeling funny where the exam took place.

Once I got my mind off it the funny feeling went and I stopped worrying about it.

Doctors have hygiene standards to comply which and would be sued to high heaven if they were using equipment that was infecting people.