PDA

View Full Version : Coming off of Citalopram

thebaseball2001
23-12-13, 15:46
Hello, first post here.

I was on Lexapro for about 5 years and it worked very well for me. I had something happen in June of this year. I got hit in the head and that night I had a major panic attack. Went to the ER and they checked me for a concussion and I did not have one. It was weird to me that I had never had an anxiety attack before this hit in the head but docs thought it was a coincidence. Since then I have had anxiety and had a few anxiety attacks. I sought help and a Psych put me on Citalopram and took me off of Lexapro. The Citalopram made me worse in my opinion, I felt like I was in a dream throughout the day. My mind was foggy and eventually I got to a point where I felt like everything was closing in on me, like the world was closing in and I couldn't see past that feeling.

The Psych doc told me over the phone to quit the Citalopram cold turkey and see him in a week. For one I know quitting cold turkey isn't a good deal and for two, I felt he should have told me "I want to see you tomorrow" because I was in rough shape. Because of this I didn't go back to him and went to a general practitioner. He put me back on the Lexapro and since I have been taking it, the weirdness I felt with Citalopram has gone but the jaw pain I had when on it is still there. I am also feeling depressed a lot, tense, and anxious.

I want to know if the Citalopram might be causing this depressed feeling and the anxiety. I took it for about 6 weeks and have been off of it and on the Lexapro for around 2 weeks. I am thinking the Citalopram is still messing with me because of the jaw pain, I never had that before with the Lexapro and I know it is a side effect of Citalopram.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chad