PDA

View Full Version : Panicking over Christmas travel

dorabella
23-12-13, 15:52
Every Christmas I face the same dilemma - bouts of anticipatory angst abut having to travel to see my family vs staying put in my own safety zone and disappointing them again by a no-show.

I do have agoraphobic tendencies and don't like to stay away from home for more than an overnight visit, which my parents accept and don't reproach me for, but of course over the Christmas break there is no train service for two solid days meaning an extended stay if I don' t feel like driving, or driving up among holiday traffic up the motorway. Never used to have a problem with driving but over the last 18 months have been becoming more anxious behind the wheel and the pressure of Christmas expectations puts even more stress into the mix.

At the moment I am vacillating over contingency plans and getting more and more panicky. Just wondered if anyone else has similar problems and how you cope with it.

Feeling horribly pathetic and guilty about the possibility of letting my family down.

Annie0904
23-12-13, 18:32
I am just the same about travel and I get so anxious every time I go anywhere. I just try to picture myself there having a good time. I just do it even though I don't feel like it.