PDA

View Full Version : anxiety or asthma ?

**whenwillthisend**
13-11-06, 12:14
hi everyone-could anyone help me on this one........is the chest tightness you get with anxiety the same has that you get with asthma? i am seeing asthma nurse next week as i dont know if i should be using an inhaler or not- i get a lot of tightness and feeling like i cant get enough air in....but would an inhaler help, or do i have to just ride this chest tightness and breathing prob out?
Been to doc with this but basically told me it was in my head, didnt help and kept going on about being to the docs with loadsa different things this year and finding nothing wrong with me......made me feel gr8!.....and didnt help at all....
any replies would be very grateful
thanksxxx

Fly2Freedom
13-11-06, 15:40
I had asthma up until about aged 14.
It caused me to feel like someone was tightening a rope around my chest.
Also chest pain,wheezing and lots of coughing.
I cant compare this to my anxiety.
It feels different in that,I dont get the pain,just the tightness and racing heartbeat.

Love & light to you x

darkangel
13-11-06, 15:51
hi whenwillthisend

i also get the chest tightness and the feeling someone is pressing down on your chest and you cant breathe. Its horrible but ive witnessed someone with asthma and they are wheezing and gasping for breath so I think what we have is anxiety.

It can last for days on end and its horrible. Try breathing exercises from the abdomen.

........life is for living not just for surviving