PDA

View Full Version : Something that might help those with health anxiety :)

ryan.divall
23-12-13, 21:29
Hi all!

As it's Christmas and we're all supposed to be in the holiday cheer I felt like giving a little bit back to the community that's helped me a lot in the past! (You guys!)

At the moment my HA is pretty bad due to usually being ill at Xmas, guess what, I'm not this year! Which just goes to prove that sometimes our judgement and preconceptions and fueled by fear and often incorrect.

As a recently registered member I can't add the link but if you Google "MoodGYM" it should be the first link.

It's a great site for self help with all kinds of anxiety disorders, depression etc.
The idea of the site is to realize... You're not crazy! :) Everyone has warped thoughts, though us with anxiety tend to dwell on these warpy thoughts.

I'm currently finding Moodgym a great build up until I start CBT officially with a counselor.
In no way am I saying avoid Councillors, they are there to help, this is just a great thing to do in your free time as instead of having a panic you can go distract yourself with Moodgym, and hopefully you'll see some results.

Have a great christmas everyone and lets keep fighting that evil HA beast. :)
xx