PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy possibility?

itzxsarah
24-12-13, 01:52
I'm sure the possibility is low, despite my screw ups, but I'm still freaking out.

Some details: The first day of my last period was November 26th and I have a 28 day cycle. I think about 3 times this month, I had to double up on pills (the third being December 15th), because I forgot the night before and had to take them in the morning. Usually, I'm not this bad with my birth control, but I was abroad for the semester, and I was out constantly during the last month, trying to get as much done before I went home. A lot of times, I wouldn't be in my room when my birth control alarm went off, and a few I just completely forgot to take it before I went to sleep. I always doubled up as soon as I remembered though. Anyway, my boyfriend and I had sex December 13th. We ran out of condoms, so we only had sex for a little bit, and then we stopped. He didn't finish in me. I know it's a low chance when it's just pre ejaculation, but we had sex before that (with a condom) and I hear that it's more likely if he already ejaculated before. Do you think I have a high chance of being pregnant? The other two times I missed my pill were at least a week before this happened, and the third time was two days after.

I'm supposed to get my period any day now. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday, but I barely have any period symptoms. I've had a little bit of cramping and breast soreness like I usually do, but I don't actually feel like I'm getting it. Today, I've been starving all day, even after I eat, which I also know could be a sign I'm getting my period. I just need some reassurance. I'm kind of freaking out now.

hheavenlyangel
24-12-13, 06:36
You could get one of those pregnancy tests that can predict before your period but to be honest, you're just going to have to wait until after your period is due and even then because you are stressing about it so much you could still skip a period. You need to make sure you take the pill when you're supposed to. I don't think you're supposed to double up on it, check the instructions or ask the Dr or Pharmacist. There really is no point in worrying about it until after a week after your period is due and if its still late, do a pregnancy test. They're pretty accurate these days.

You need to set a time in the day to take your pill. I used to have it on my bedside table and take it when I woke up every morning. It doesn't matter what time, just make sure you take it at the same time or as soon as you remember.

Just relax. No matter what, it really will be ok.

cattia
24-12-13, 07:31
There really is only the smallest smallest possibility. Most women take several cycles to get pregnant intentionally after stopping birth control. The chances of getting pregnant from pre ejaculation are really small so with these two factors together, it would be very, very unlikely indeed. Try to relax, being stressed and changes in your routine can make your period late.

itzxsarah
25-12-13, 04:24
You could get one of those pregnancy tests that can predict before your period but to be honest, you're just going to have to wait until after your period is due and even then because you are stressing about it so much you could still skip a period. You need to make sure you take the pill when you're supposed to. I don't think you're supposed to double up on it, check the instructions or ask the Dr or Pharmacist. There really is no point in worrying about it until after a week after your period is due and if its still late, do a pregnancy test. They're pretty accurate these days.

You need to set a time in the day to take your pill. I used to have it on my bedside table and take it when I woke up every morning. It doesn't matter what time, just make sure you take it at the same time or as soon as you remember.

Just relax. No matter what, it really will be ok.
Thank for the advice. With my pill pack, you're supposed to take the pill your missed as soon as you remember to take it then take the one for that day as well. I have a set time I take my pills, but I wasn't around when the alarm went off, because I was in the city.