PDA

View Full Version : Headache

RoseEve
24-12-13, 02:38
I am really panicking because I woke up over a week ago with a headache. I still have a headache. It's constant but not very bad. It's on my forehead mostly. I went to the doctor twice. She thinks it's from anxiety. I have extreme health anxiety. I am going to see a neurologist. I am very upset because when I googled my symptoms it comes up with New Daily Persistent Headache. It's a headache that you get and never ever goes away. I am freaking out because I know when it started and the pain seems similar. Has anyone else had a headache for over a week? Do you think it's anxiety???

TooMuchToLiveFor
24-12-13, 02:58
Hi RoseEve,
I have had headaches that have lasted for a long time. I don't suffer from HA, but I do suffer from severe panic disorder. My guess is that your doctor is right....it is most likely anxiety.

I hope your headache is relieved very soon!

HoneyLove
24-12-13, 08:41
Sorry you're feeling bad Rose, but do your best not to panic. Your doc is unconcerned so it sounds like something tha will pass on. Feeling incredibly stressed and panicked about it is only likely to make things worse due to muscle tension, so the best thing you can do while waiting for that neurologist appointment is work on relaxation and stress management.

Avoiding things like caffeine, alcohol, excess sugar will also be likely to help. Plus make sure you're eating enough throughout the day and stay hyrdated.

relda
24-12-13, 08:46
Sometimes headaches can be viral things and last a while before going. Xxx

Tanner40
24-12-13, 12:32
I find that my headaches are generally directly related to muscle tension. Progressive guided muscle relaxation seems to help mine.

LunaLiuna
24-12-13, 13:38
I've had a headache most days for over a month now, it's horrible and soo scary. I guess I'm just making it worse and most of the time expect it to be there, I've just had to trust what my psychiatrist says :l

RoseEve
24-12-13, 13:50
Thank you everyone I appreciate the replies. Have any of you had a headache last longer than a week? I kept waking up last night having panic attacks and my headache is bad today. I can't stop crying :(

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Luna I'm sorry I didn't see your reply. I'm sorry you are going through this too. Does your headache come and go? Mine is constant that's why I'm so scared. Does your therapist say it's stress related? Also no medication is helping me :(