PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety with all the trimmings

sarahlou1983
24-12-13, 11:48
Well i though i would beat it this year,but woke up today with the biggest knot in my stomach and throat:mad::weep:

Am freaking out about tommorrow,having to eat in front of my dad and my sister .The thought of it is making me sick to my stomach.My dad always says to me ,i dont have to eat if i dont want to,but then i feel im ruining everyones fun by not joining in

I had a stomach ache earllier,but after a visit to the bathroom, it seems to of eased a little bit but im still terrified....Any Advice???? Please???

bellesmummy
24-12-13, 12:08
Hi, just wanted to say I know how you feel! I am home tomorrow with hubby and 2 kids so not to worried about that but am round my mums boxing day with 12 of us there! HATE eating in front of people!!!
My advice is try not to think about it until you sit down to eat and then distract yourself from it, start a conversation and before you know it you'll have eaten most of it! Just eat what you can and don't worry what everyone else thinks.
We had to go to mother in laws on Sunday for dinner I was sooooo anxious beforehand, I managed to eat a little bit but I still had the 'is that all your having' comment!! I just ignored it!!
Hope this helps a little, and remember you aren't alone in this!
Have a good Christmas! Xx