PDA

View Full Version : what will help me stay asleep

I'mdave27
24-12-13, 13:20
Is there any supplements I can take that will help me stay asleep

LunaLiuna
24-12-13, 13:31
I'm not sure about supplement's but being active throughout the day and doing some exercise will most probably help, I'm sure you already know this though :)

MrAndy
24-12-13, 13:45
magnesium & zinc helps me with my sleep

I'mdave27
24-12-13, 14:12
Yes I do know that because I work full time. However , I have just moved to a house where there is lots of traffic so even if I do keep active it's still not enough

---------- Post added at 15:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Does it help you stay asleep though ?

---------- Post added at 15:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

Does it help you stay asleep though

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

MrAndy
24-12-13, 14:20
yes it gives me a full nights sleep

Fishmanpa
24-12-13, 14:43
When I had insomnia during treatment, I was prescribed Ambian but after waking up naked on the bathroom floor with my clothes randomly strewn around the room, I decided it wasn't the sleep aid for me! ~lol~

Then they said to take a Benedryl allergy tab. It's OTC and works like a charm for me. Knocks me clear out, clears my nose and I sleep like a baby :) I still take one when I need to get some sleep.

Positive thoughts

kittikat
24-12-13, 15:49
:roflmao: @ Fishmanpa !!

Actually,
I remember taking Piriton full strength anti allergy tablets when I had a rather nasty gnat bite...knocked me right out ;) be careful if you are on anti d's or benzo's though, I did have a rather good 'buzz trip' too :wacko: lol !!

Might be a good idea just to check with the pharmacist first if you are on meds.

All the best and good luck, nothing worse than poor sleep... Kitti :)

I'mdave27
24-12-13, 16:06
I'm on 40mg citalopram so I can't take otc sleeping pills because it will make my sleeping pattern worse. The doctor gave me mirtzapene 15mg but I found the side effects in the morning where too much and they also made me very angry almost to the point of violence , so obviously not good. I'm going back to the doctors so he can hopefully give me something else because now I'm sleeping less as me and my fiance just moved to a new house and we have a lot of traffic outside our house and to top it all off we're right near a bus stop

Rennie1989
24-12-13, 16:58
Valerium is good for helping you drift into a natural sleep, they certainly help me.

Also, get double glazing, or triple glazing. I'm the same as you, live on a busy main road (main route in and out of town, mostly London commuters) with two bus stops near me that are often packed with school children. I have thick windows installed and rarely hear a thing.

TRISTAN
24-12-13, 17:37
Vodka helps but not recommended , I'm on cit and I also take zopiclone at night for sleeping

Rennie1989
24-12-13, 17:50
That's not a very wise thing to suggest, Tristan...

Fishmanpa
24-12-13, 18:09
Vodka helps but not recommended , I'm on cit and I also take zopiclone at night for sleeping

**Please disregard the Vodka remark!**

Drinking and smoking should be avoided at all costs if you're an HA sufferer or general anxiety, depression or any other mental illness sufferer. Not smoking is common sense and absolutely doesn't make sense if you're an HA sufferer. Why the hell would you smoke if you have a fear of diseases like lung cancer??Drinking can and will affect you negatively, especially if you're on meds.

**Always check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any drug, OTC or not**

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
24-12-13, 18:55
I always find that doing a guided meditation helps my sleep. There are plenty on YouTube to choose from.