PDA

View Full Version : Feel like crying

ryan.divall
24-12-13, 19:18
Recently I've been so on edge and anxious..
It's Christmas, the whole family is here and they are all driving me insane. Plus my little puppy wont stop barking.
All the noise is freaking me out and I just feel like curling up and dying.
I'm trying my best to cope but I'm really finding it hard.

I am on Venalic XL 75mg (Venalafaxine) for depression and anxiety.
I know I can take 2mg of vallium to chill me out but really I'd prefer to avoid them and deal with it myself.

All the noise and all the stress from xmas is sending my anxiety into fever pitch and I'm irritable beyond belief.
I don't want to get angry at my little brothers, they're just being cheerful but all the noise, questions talking and the dog barking makes me panic so much.

I've noticed I'm worse in Winter so maybe it's S.A.D as well (Seasonal Effective Disorder)

I just need some reassurance that I'm not the only one as I feel like a right miserable scrooge.

Annie0904
24-12-13, 19:21
Most people with anxiety have trouble with the stress of Christmas. My anxiety was high last year and I just gave myself time out..hiding in my room for a while or going out for a little walk.
I bought a SAD light to help me through the winter months.

ryan.divall
24-12-13, 19:28
I might have to invest in one with my Christmas money.
Depression is horrible as it makes you want to be alone, and then when you're alone the anxiety is at it's worst. What a crappy combo eh.
Thanks at least I know I'm not the only one. :)

CeeCeeCee
24-12-13, 19:32
I think that every little noise is amplified when you are stressed and anxious, it's just that you are on edge. Try and block it out to the distance and take deep breaths. It's only once a year and you can get through it. Allow yourself to take one vallium if your doc said its ok. Try and enjoy Christmas.

kittikat
24-12-13, 21:28
Awww, I do feel for you :hugs: I am also very sensitive to noise. I am on 150mg Ven and I do take diazepam too, which really helps...don't feel bad, try to relax and take it in your stride...it's only a couple of days max. I am so disorganised, but I know I will get there somehow, and so will you.

Wishing you all the best, Kitti :)