PDA

View Full Version : REALLY bad panic attacks and thinking im dying from serious health problems

BeckyBop
24-12-13, 21:12
Hi all
I have been having some of the worst panic attacks ever recently. I hyperventilate a lot through out the day which leads to tight chest muscles which today led to what if im having a serious asthma attack and im going to die? I have not even been diagnosed with asthma i do not wheeze or cough and tight chest and feelings of not being able to breath are not constant but only when im panicky. It is not helping that I have a tight throat and mucus in throat plus a stuffy nose from cold. I just want to be able to stop these panic attacks because I constantly thinking im having an asthma attack or some other breathing related issue and that im going to stop breathing and die

grace.M
24-12-13, 23:52
hyperventilating is a common symptom with panic attacks - at least from my experience, i used to have really bad panic attacks where i couldn't breath properly for up to 30mins or more, and it was almost daily at one point, have you seen a doctor about panic attacks? its not anything serious from what you said in your post but it would help re-assure you that its ok if you don't know whats happening, also theres an explanation on hyperventilating in the symptoms section on the side-bar of the website :) stay strong and merry christmas xx