PDA

View Full Version : what do others do when they wake up in a panic

trish1955
25-12-13, 08:26
I woke up this morning heart pounding felt my whole body getting tense felt sick which makes me panic all the time don't like being sick the way I felt this morning when I woke. Up not haveing a full blown panic so it will be with me all day waiting for it to be a full blown one god this sounds a bit mixed up so hope you understand what I am saying I did make myself get up as I tried to make my self go bk to sleep but it was making me worse

Tanner40
25-12-13, 13:08
Merry Christmas, Trish. I find that when I wake up early, feeling anxious, trying to go back to bed is generally the worst thing that I can do for myself. I try to get up, make my coffe or tea, sit down and write a little bit. I try to get out all of the negative, irrational thoughts that are swimming around in my head and I try to then find one or two things that I feel positive about. I find one or two small things that I am looking forward to and try to concentrate on those.
What are you looking forward to today?

trish1955
25-12-13, 14:18
Still got the anxiety its been with me all morning while trying to cook the dinner even hate itanxiousely wish it would go away xxx

Tanner40
25-12-13, 14:20
Congratulations on cooking the dinner. Well done!

daisydaisy
28-12-13, 10:00
Trish may I echo what Tanner said. Well done on cooking the dinner anyways- you felt the fear. Acceptance is so hard at times and I can empathise. When I wake up in a panic it can affect my whole day but I did start practicing meditation a few months back now (I know I bang on about this) but it really has helped slow my mind or at least calms me now to hear the music on my panicked days. :hugs:

trish1955
28-12-13, 10:29
Thaankyou for yr replies yes I did cook the dinner for months now I have been full of anxiety all day waiting for it to go into a panic attack yet I go on doing my house work never really got my mind on the jobs which would be nice to do like I wish I could be doing g my house work with enjoyment instead of anxiety maybe o e day it will be xxx