PDA

View Full Version : Buspirone

lisa p
13-11-06, 15:46
Hi

The doc has just given me Buspirone Hydrochloride, does anybody have any experience of these.

I have to take two a day. I have taken them for two days and feel quite giddy and sickly, didnt sleep well either??

Any advice??

Thanks Lisax

nomorepanic
13-11-06, 16:36
Lisa

There are very few posts about it on here so I don't think many members are on it.

All I found was this ...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=buspirone

Also this post ...

Real problem with BUspar and my Doctor! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2235)

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

darkangel
13-11-06, 16:56
HI

I just started these tablets on friday - one twice a day. Im also on amitryptyline.

Im finding them ok - make me quite sleepy though. It is quite normal to be dizzy at the start of taking Buspar but keep going with it and it should ease off.

Im a bit calmer and my thoughts are more stable but still getting anxiety symptoms.

........life is for living not just for surviving

darkangel
13-11-06, 17:06
Ive just read the links and wish I hadnt.

My psychiatrist prescribed me Buspirone last week after me refusing Diazapam cos of its addictiveness I am shocked to find that this is also only prescribed for 2-6 wks. Im not getting reviewed for 3 months!!!!

I do not want to go back down the route of meds - but my self harming was out of control and im using these until i get CBT referral again. Now Im worried!!!

Should I stop them or phone psychiatrist cos im panicking about what they are going to do to me now?

darkangel
13-11-06, 17:25
me again

panic over - i got through to doctor and he advised me that i need something to help me at the moment but advised coming on to sites discussing my symptoms and anxiety was only making matters worse so for the time being I have to relax and distract myself and keep away from anxiety sites. Easier said than done but maybe he has a point.

darkangel

nomorepanic
13-11-06, 17:33
He may have a point but if you find it helps you being here then I would stay.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Fly2Freedom
13-11-06, 17:46
Dark,well I thought that at first.
Reading some posts and some of the meds mentioned,brings it all back to me but when you see a counsellor,you are dragging it all up and out into the open too.
Its nice to know when I come here,that Im not the only *loon* :D out there(joking) and I would think doctors dont want us to get too much info about meds etc,they just want to sign a script and away you go,without too many questions.
I think we would just moan to those around us instead of online.[8)]

Love & light to you x