PDA

View Full Version : A Merry Christmas Indeed :)

Fishmanpa
25-12-13, 09:27
Merry Christmas Folks!

I wanted to share some happy and good news.

Many of you know I don't suffer from anxiety. I came here to learn more about it, specifically HA as I know people who suffer from it and encounter many on the cancer forums I frequent. Having had heart issues and cancer, I stuck around to offer encouragement and support. Heart problems and cancer are two of the biggies that many here worry about and if I can reassure you by sharing my story and info then it's a positive thing.

My girlfriend was with me when I had my second heart attack a year ago October and then the day before Thanksgiving 2012, I was diagnosed with stage IV head and neck cancer. She was with me through probably the worst time in my life and supported and took care of me. Honestly, I wouldn't have been able to do it without her as I was severely ill. There was a period of time where I was fed through a PEG tube and she was right there helping me feed myself as well as caring for my every need. Being a caretaker is as difficult or more so than being the patient. For her to see me go through such a horrible illness had to be awful for her. I wasn't the greatest person as I wasn't myself due to the pain, drugs and illness.

She saw me and was with me at my worst so I wanted to give her my best. Today, Christmas morning 2013, I asked her to be my wife and she said "YES" through sobs and tears. I'm a very happy man :) I love her dearly. She makes our house a home and makes me a better man and person.

There are no wedding plans as of yet but we both agree we want to marry in the Shenandoah National Park in the mountains overlooking the Valley below. More than likely, we'll be doing this in the next year, probably the fall when the leaves are turning :)

I hope your Christmas is filled with happiness, joy and is symptom free ;) Best wishes to you and yours and may good things come your way for the New Year. Remember, life is too short not to live it.

Positive thoughts and chocolate!

Fish.... :)

Pipkin
25-12-13, 09:31
Yeah!!! :yahoo:

Congratulations!

Pip x

unsure_about_this
25-12-13, 09:38
Hi

Merry Christmas to you and congratulations, You have help me quite a lot this year and hopefully next year I will have a less anxious year.

katesa
25-12-13, 09:55
Oh mate, I'm just about to travel to the in laws for a couple of days but just had to pop on and see if you had managed to tell us yet,

Congratulations hon! So happy for you both - what a wonderfully happy ending for the two of you after all you have been through. Wishing you the many years of health and happiness together that you both, by justice, deserve,

xx

hheavenlyangel
25-12-13, 10:06
How wonderful, what an amazing Christmas gift. Congratulations to you both xx

hadenough
25-12-13, 10:20
Thats brilliant news fishmanpa, many congratulations.

had x

Tessar
25-12-13, 10:56
That's amazing!!!!!!

Pomchi
25-12-13, 11:14
Many congratulations on your news Fishmanpa. I am quite new to this site but I always try to read your posts as you speak such sense and always make me feel better.

Many a time I have read your posts when in a highly anxious state, and almost instantly feel calmer and more rational, so thank you for that.

Here's hoping for a brilliant 2014 for you :)

simi
25-12-13, 12:05
Wonderful news my very best wishes to you both have a magical Christmas Simi

GirlAfraid23
25-12-13, 12:42
Congrats xxx

Annie0904
25-12-13, 13:06
Your story just made me cry :) so lovely. Congratulations to you both so happy for you. X

Tanner40
25-12-13, 13:13
Oh Fishmanpa, I am so glad that your Christmas Day has been filled with happy tears. Nothing quite so good. You and your fiancé deserve every happiness. Merry Christmas to the both of you, and yes to the chocolate.

almamatters
25-12-13, 13:48
Congratulations :) xx

missacorah
25-12-13, 13:56
Woohoo! How wonderful to read this on Christmas day. Congratulations to you both :)

Elen
25-12-13, 13:59
Fantastic news, congratulations

robin321
25-12-13, 14:51
Congrat's Fish! We are all very happy for you! Merry Xmas!!!!!

mandie
26-12-13, 00:04
Congratulations, lovely, merry xmas

mandie x

anxious_thoughts
26-12-13, 00:29
What an amazing story! I wish you both the best. Have a Merry Christmas!!!

moonspirit
26-12-13, 00:55
What lovely news congratulations :D

Gemmal
26-12-13, 01:10
Congratulations fish man pa !! What fantastic news ! Thank you for coming on to this forum and providing very rational and calming responses everytime !!

Hope 2014 is a happy and healthy one for you x

priestbridge
26-12-13, 01:11
Always read your posts. Congratulations and a Happy New Year to you both:)

AuntieMoosie
26-12-13, 01:36
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Congrats/ASNAG2528CONGRATS2520DIAMONDS2520JA.gif

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/moreslushymandy/Congrats/engagement-card-744537_zps4b7901f7.jpg

Oh Fishmanpa this is brilliant news!! :yahoo:

Thank you for making my Christmas shine again. :D

Congratulations to you and your new fiance. :D

With all that you've both been through together hun, you have a fantastic grounding for one great marriage. :yesyes:

I would like to wish you both every happiness and may all of your dreams come true. :D

Love and hugs from

Auntie Moosie.
xxx
:hugs:

Gotagetthroughthis
26-12-13, 02:01
Congrats mate, great story :)

angrry
26-12-13, 03:41
congratulations and very Merry Christmas!! what great news!!

Leslie735
26-12-13, 05:00
Huge congratulations!!! Many blessings! <3

nightcat
26-12-13, 07:15
What a lovely thread :weep:

Congratulations fishmanpa! Here's to a positive 2014 for you and with your lovely fiancée :hugs:

HoneyLove
26-12-13, 08:47
Fishman, sending you warmest congratulations and well wishes! I'm so delighted for you, what a wonderful thing to happen :)

Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness together! X

Andrash
26-12-13, 10:10
Congratulations Fish, you really really deserve it! :)

LF87
26-12-13, 12:17
Congrats fishman! X

Magic
26-12-13, 13:33
WOW. Congratulations and all the best fishmanpan. So happy for you both xxxxxxxxxx

CeeCeeCee
26-12-13, 15:33
Congratulations Fish, that's brill!

greenlady
26-12-13, 15:39
congrats fishman...hope you both will be very happy..lots of love to you both from gina in scotland xx

Fishmanpa
26-12-13, 17:04
Thanks Everyone :) I truly appreciate all your kind thoughts and well wishes!

I want you all to know something as well. Most of you know I had cancer. It was Head and Neck/Oral cancer stage IV. Pretty nasty as cancer goes.

I think about the possibility of it's return and the reality is my prognosis isn't the greatest by the statistics. I'm seeking some counseling to help me deal with that and some of the mental side effects from the war I've been in. I've been to a few sessions and already it's helping greatly in giving me a "perspective tune up" ;)

I'm moving on with my life and I'm determined to make it the very best it can be for myself and my fiance'. She knows the score too and we both feel the same.

Learn to take your illness in the same way. Despite HA or depression or any of the myriad of things that afflict us, we have in our power the ability of making a choice. Choose to live without allowing worry to control you. Choose to treat it or ask for help, and I mean outside of the forum. It's my hope that everyone here find the happiness and joy I've found in my life despite the obstacles :)

Positive thoughts

rebeccad
26-12-13, 17:17
Have just read this , a little late I know but a huge congratulations you deserve it , wish you health and happiness for the new year , and don't forget to post the pics x

Munchlet
26-12-13, 20:46
Congratulations to you both!!!
I wish you both many many years of happiness together x

MRS STRESS ED
26-12-13, 21:40
Àww bless lovely news good luck to you both xx

Brunette
27-12-13, 08:32
Wow, great news! Congratualtions to you both :D

Worriedwellornot
27-12-13, 15:25
Wonderful news many congratulations x

Freeky
27-12-13, 18:59
Wow congrats! Or as everyone in France says, 'Félicitations'!
Hope you two share many happy and wonderful moments together, you both deserve it!:hugs:

Ats666
27-12-13, 19:17
Congratulations xx