PDA

View Full Version : A cold, Allergies or anxiety?

AnxiousPansa
25-12-13, 12:49
Hi guys and merry christmas!
Just a qucik question. Recently I have had a very stuffy nose (not funny and i dont sneeze) and very mucusy throat (not coughing). The symptoms seem to be worse at some times than others particularly throat mucus. I also experience feelings like i cant breathe sometimes or im not getting enough oxygen. I always have had breathing anxiety and I recently started hyperventilating. My symptoms dont bother me as much when distracted. Generally I sleep really well just had a bit of trouble getting off last night cause of breathing and my stuffy nose. So my question is anxiety, cold or allergies? Many thanks :)

Tanner40
25-12-13, 12:56
Merry Christmas, Pansa. My nose tens to get stuffy this time of the year and it's generally due to the dryness of winter. Of course, when I get stuffy, it tends to make my anxiety worse, which in turn makes my breathing worse. A bit of a viscous cycle, it is.

In these situations, I generally do one of two things: I try to watch a funny video to take my mind off of it or I try to do a guided meditation where I control my breathing. One of the two usually calms me down.

AnxiousPansa
25-12-13, 13:03
So you think it is anxiety then? I mean when I am distracted it doesn't bother me I just worry I have some allergy and that Im going to stop breathing or something lol i do get a sort of weird feeling in my throat aswell like a tingle

Tanner40
25-12-13, 13:14
I'm definitely not a doctor, but it sounds like a cold combined with anxious feelings about the cold. Be well and enjoy the day.