PDA

View Full Version : No appetite and worried about Xmas dinner

almamatters
25-12-13, 13:51
I am currently suffering a relapse , my GAD symptoms are making me feel rubbish, I have no appetite and I can't be bothered to cook dinner today, I am spoiling the day for everyone I know. :weep:

Annie0904
25-12-13, 14:07
Alma is there any one who can help you with dinner? How many are you cooking for. Christmas day isnt easy for anxiety sufferers. I am struggling today with so mant people around. Xx

almamatters
25-12-13, 15:05
I am only cooking for 3 people, I have been offered help but am struggling to admit I can't do it. Sorry you are struggling Annie, I think I have been building up to feeling like this as I have felt worse and worse as Xmas approaches. x

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

I have made a start, it is going to be late but I have admitted defeat and am being helped. I know it is only for 3 people but even if it was just me I would still feel overwhelmed by it.

Tanner40
25-12-13, 15:34
Congratulations on accepting the help and moving forward with dinner. That's a big accomplishment and you should feel,proud of yourself.

almamatters
25-12-13, 15:56
Thanks Tanner

Annie0904
25-12-13, 18:17
My anxiousness lessened as the day went on and I ended up eating too much. Suffering for it now!

debs71
25-12-13, 20:26
I hope you are both feeling better, Alma and Annie. I do sympathise with you.

I have been struggling with my depression again. It always hits me this time of year. I went out with family for Xmas dinner and could hardly eat. I felt sick and like I was eating cardboard. I had to leave the table three times to either cry or calm myself down in the restaurant toilets. I also feel I am spoiling things for my family. It is so hard when you just are gripped by these things and can't help it.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone.x

Annie0904
25-12-13, 20:33
Sorry you haven't felt so good Debs :( I am back home and relaxing watching tv on my bed. How are you feeling now Alma?

AuntieMoosie
25-12-13, 21:32
You're not alone Alma hun :hugs:

I went from feeling at the top of the World yesterday evening, to total crap this morning!!!

I struggled, really struggled cooking the dinner, I had brain fog, my concentration was non existent and I didn't really have a clue what the heck I was supposed to be doing :wacko:

Thankfully, my Son was here with me, he helped in keeping me calm and generally helping, truthfully, all that I really wanted to do was to fall in a heap on the floor sobbing!

We ate dinner, then both my partner and Son told me to go and have a couple of hours sleep, which I did, I feel a little better, but still not at all with it really.

Unfortunately, the fact that it's Christmas doesn't mean that we're going to be any different from any other day of the year. I tried my hardest to keep it together and I got through the best that I could, but I haven't enjoyed it anywhere near like I was hoping I would.

I think this will be my last year of getting truly involved in Christmas, it has a bad effect on me, and, try as I might, truthfully I just can't handle it anymore.

Tomorrow I'm meant to be cooking another Christmas Dinner, as I'll have my neighbour/friend here too, but I'm just now thinking about changing the plans, I don't want another day like today and I'm not going to force myself into running around like a headless chicken, or turkey!! lol......like I've done today.

So tomorrow is prob going to be a buffet day, I shall just throw everything on a table and tell people to help themselves.

I just need a real chill out day.

Just hang on in there folks, just do whatever makes it easier for you, sending love and hugs to all :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

almamatters
26-12-13, 17:04
Thanks all for your replies and I am sorry some of you also struggled yesterday, I was happy to finish cooking the dinner (with help) but could not eat any myself. I felt sick to my stomach and am not really sure why. I felt quite depressed as well as anxious which is not like me. Hugs to all of you. x :hugs::hugs:

sarahlou1983
26-12-13, 17:15
:hugs: :hugs: exactly the same here hon.Yesterday did not eat a thing and felt absolutly crap all day.Every bit of me ached ,my stomach was rumbling and actually ended going to bed at 5pm because i was so exhausted.....

Feel better today ,everyone has gone home,and im able to be in my room and do what i want ..

You did well for trying ,hold your head up high.Big hugz to you :hugs:

almamatters
26-12-13, 17:39
:hugs: :hugs: exactly the same here hon.Yesterday did not eat a thing and felt absolutly crap all day.Every bit of me ached ,my stomach was rumbling and actually ended going to bed at 5pm because i was so exhausted.....

Feel better today ,everyone has gone home,and im able to be in my room and do what i want ..

You did well for trying ,hold your head up high.Big hugz to you :hugs:

Thanks Sarahlou, glad you are feeling better today. I am glad I didn't waste what food I brought but no way was I going to try and eat anything. :hugs: