PDA

View Full Version : respiridone and lorazepam together

chinchilla
25-12-13, 16:04
long story, but after things going rapidly downhill my psych put me on these two meds together, at a reasonable starting dose - her words were 'to hit me hard'. now ive mentioned the lorazepam to couple people and they are like wow you have to take them during day, I was so sedated on them could only take them at night etc etc. this put me off starting until Friday night when broke up from work. I just took both meds at night that first night and didn't notice any difference. I now take them 4 times a day as prescribed. I am sleeping a little better but other than that just don't notice them, not even when I take them during day.Psych said the lorazepam physically kicks in after half an hour and will def feel it and after 4 hours, you feel it leave - which is why people then take more and get addicted etc. this is the reason she switched me from diazepam as she said that is too long lasting and I need something more immediate. However, I just don't notice them. either of them.

Anyone else taken either of these meds and had them together? im wondering if one is counteracting the other somewhat.

chinchilla
28-12-13, 20:43
anyone any input?

AnxiousBaker
28-12-13, 20:52
Both these can be used together, maybe you are not feeling any effect as the dose isnt quite right yet. Do you feel either of the meds is helping with the symptoms as a whole?
What is the reason are you on respiridone? Dont answer that if you think im being nosey!

chinchilla
29-12-13, 10:11
im on risperidone for psychotic symptoms - voices, hallucinations etc. these haven't improved and have in fact got worse. I am up to the max dose my psych says I can have of that (6mg) and am on 4mg a day of lorazepam.

AnxiousBaker
29-12-13, 21:07
If that maximum dose isnt helping those symptoms i would go back and see your psych. Many different meds out there to help. MIght not be the right mix for you. Did diazepam work for you?

pooh
29-12-13, 21:30
Hi there
I was recently prescribed lorezepam 10 tabs of 2.5mg to allow me to get to hospital (I've been prescribed diazepam for years and I'm acutely agoraphobic). I had taken my usual 5 mgs of diazepam and I took two tabs of the lorazepam before going to hospital. I have to say, I have never felt so sedated in my life. The lorazepam kicked in within about 20 mins but this may have been aided by the fact that I hadn't eaten anything. I would suggest discussing the dosage of the lorazepam with your psychiatrist. A combined amount of 4mgs throughout the day may not be enough. Using the lorazepam was also my second attempt at making it to the hospital. My first try on 25mgs of diazepam was a complete failure and I had a massive panic attack hardly any distance from my house and had to return home. Good luck in getting your medication sorted out.

Pooh

chinchilla
30-12-13, 15:09
thank you, I will discuss the dose again tomorrow, its just weird how she said I would feel it 'kick in' after about 30 mins and would feel the come down after 4 hours, but I don't feel anything at all. nothing.