PDA

View Full Version : weird sensations n trouble swallowing

Buby
13-11-06, 17:50
hey all,

I wasnt sure where to put this post, but i kinda thought it should be here in a way.

since about last night, iv had this sensation that my body is rocking. that i'm being pushed back and forward even tho im not movin my body. Its really freaking me out but i cant figure out what it is which is scaring me even more.it only tends to b my torso and my head that feels it. Has anyone ever had this feeling???

also, i find it really hard to swallow wen im in resturants or tesco or places like that. I used to have trouble swallowing when my anxiety was really bad when i was younger but now its come back. and cos i worry about it now, i find i can swallow more often. how can i prevent this?

please help or advise
xx

dorabella
13-11-06, 21:21
I've experienced this before and as far as I know it is a purely anxiety symptom and caused by physical tension.

The tension upsets your balance mechanism - particularly tension in the neck and shoulders which can ring on the sensation of dizziness, light headedness and also the 'rocking' feeling you describe.

The inability to swallow is called 'globus hystericus' and is definitely a panic induced symptom. Are you nervous in public places and do you get very phyiscally tense as a result? This is enough in itself to bring on the feeling that you can't swallow. I suspect as you calm down the feeling disappears?

Don't get too wound up with this - it will pass, as most of that have had it will tell you.

looking4answers
21-11-06, 13:07
Maybe meds would help.I get this all the time.In resturants and at home and the swaying feeling.. happens to me all the time.I will tell you one better than that.We ride in a circle around six miles of rural landscape and stop from time to time..when we do ..It feels like our vehicle is still moving..of course i stomp on the break only to find the vehicle isn't moving..its just me..The choking is from not relaxing..I am on meds and it helps most of the time ,but sometimes it just doesn't..but everything you are describing is pretty normal..just anxiety.