PDA

View Full Version : severe anaxiety

easey04
25-12-13, 22:36
hi guys and girls, been reading your posts for a while and its been some comfort at times to know im not alone in what im dealing with !

guess i thought might as well share my story with you, so here goes

my anxiety started about 6 months ago !
after a stressful house move, which involved me driving and lifting for us and two other houses which took a long time to finish, i was rushed into hospital with chest pains , loads of tests done turns out pulled muscles in chest, thought that would be the end of it but it grew into so much more !

i developed a social phobia, i get panic attacks when around to many people or feel closed in !

several panic attacks later and few more visits to a and e, all tests fine , apart from once which i had slightly high bp which i guess is normal considering i had worked myself up !

ive tried several things to keep me calm but cant seem to shift the focus from my symptoms

i was prescribed citolopram for it but didn't want to take it , i don't wanna have to rely on them , but my symptoms have gotten so bad i think its best so have now started taking it !

my symptoms are as follows

chest pain
arm and armpit pain
tingerling sensation
trembling feeling like im vibrating
twitches
headaches
lump in throat
worried
tired
snappy and irritated easily
heavy arm and some times head
feeling spaced out
sometimes dizzy or feint feeling
some back and neck pain

quite a big list don't know if im more aware of pains because of the anxiety !
to top it off ive got a metalic taste in mouth, and appears im suffering from gerd :(
small steps i guess and now in hoping the meds will help as its become unbearable !

but hearing your stories, i know im not alone with this confusing condition !
cheers nick :)

Cú Chulainn
25-12-13, 22:50
Hi
You did the right thing by taking the Citalopram it will help in the long run.
Although be aware it will take several weeks to take affect.
Recovery from anxiety will take time and medication and some therapy are your best bet for a speedy recovery.
All those symptoms you have listed are completely normal and the metallic taste in the mouth is a side affect of the cit and well blow over in a few weeks.
Worrying about the symptoms will cause more symptoms which in turn will start a viscous circle.
The meds will sort out your symptoms :yesyes:
Dont worry about taking the meds chances are its just stress from the move and other things in your life.
Once you sort that out your symptoms of anxiety will ease meds or not and then youll be ready to come off them.
How long have you been on the Cit.

easey04
25-12-13, 22:55
hey thanks for the reply !
about 2 months ago but have held off
big mistake i know as its got quite bad :(
i took my first one two days ago
decided to go for it after the gerd kicked in :(
gonna look into getting cbt ? Heard that's pretty good in helping deal with it
i feel great when in playing football or when i ref !
just when in doing nothing or thinking its bad

Cú Chulainn
25-12-13, 23:10
You've done the right thing quicker you start it the better you'll feel
The first 3 weeks or so on its a bit crap cus the side affects but thing starts to get better a month in.
I'm on the waiting list for CBT too. wont be starting till February though.
Aye I'm same best just to keep busy till the drugs kick in

easey04
25-12-13, 23:27
cheers ! :)
often pop on here when things are bad so thought why not post !
long road hopefully gonna get a bit quicker to get through