PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my Dad

scared soul
26-12-13, 01:48
My Dad has had a cough for about a month and a half, coming on for 2 months now. It began when he had a cold around the start of November and it is still going on.

Too me it doesn't seem to be getting much better. It's worries me badly because I keep thinking what if there's something more to it. I wish he would go to the doctors about it but he won't do it.

I get very irritated with him and when I am around him because him coughing and clearing his throat seems to go on and on and it feels like all that I can hear.

I then really hate myself for getting annoyed.

Does this sound like something I should be worried about?

(Even as I read this he's just had a coughing fit)

They don't last very long but I just can't handle this, it feels like I'll go crazy if he does not do something about it soon.

Kiki-B
26-12-13, 05:27
Hello,

My parents are in their late 50's and everytime they complain about an ache or pain I jump to conclusions in my head like they have cancer or some sort of disease. I think most people who suffer from anxiety get anxious about their aging parents. A cold can come and go for a few months until it fully recovers, especially during this time of year when there are so many sick people and germs everywhere. Think about it.. If a young child had a cold for a few weeks would you have the same concern? Probably not.

Merry Christmas!

Kiki