PDA

View Full Version : Strange sensations in my chin!!

dorabella
13-11-06, 18:31
I've had on-off weird sensations in my chin of all places today - aches, burning sensations and a feeling that someone had attached a mild electrode to the muscles under the jaw.

Sometimes I've had similar pains in my cheekbones when I've been particularly tense and when I used to grind my teeth at night, but I've not done this for ages and I can't imagine what has caused this.

Has anyone experienced similar, perhaps as a result of tension??

Fly2Freedom
13-11-06, 18:38
Hi-I have always had facial pain in my cheeks and jaw.
I even bothered the doctor with it.
She said maybe its your hair???!!!!:(
Its definitely caused by stress and because I grind my teeth,I have to wear a tooth guard at night.
Im currently experiencing pains in my cheeks.
Had it for 19 years.

Love & light to you x

dorabella
13-11-06, 20:28
I suspect it's tension also - as soon as I start to concentrate on anything I feel my mouth screwing up and then the funny feeling in the jaw and chins starts.

ajk
13-11-06, 20:34
Hi dorabella

Are you sure you are not still grinding your teeth? I thought I'd stopped doing it but my dentist says otherwise as every time I have a check up she says "teeth show signs of grinding"!

When I am anxious I clench my teeth and tense up the whole of my body especially my face- I recently gave myself severe earache and neck pain and weird tingly sensations in my jaw from doing this.

The other thing I do that really hurts my face is resting my cheek on my hands for hours and hours in front of my computer screen!!!

I am sure there is nothing to worry about here. Hugs and Love Alison

dorabella
13-11-06, 21:47
Alison - what you said just rang a bell in my head - I often sit with my chin resting on my hands which is probably no good at all for posture, shoulders, neck or jaw. Furthermore I woke up feeling this so maybe I was sleeping with my head or neck in an uncomfortable position without realizing.

Rational thinking prevails again!!

looking4answers
14-11-06, 09:28
Yep, Had it last night as a matter of fact..its weird but when I start to go to sleep I have the winking and blinking and nod.. twitching trembles and numbness sensations on eyes , nose, face, chin , and neck ..just about anywhere you can have this .. its normal.. probably just tension relaxing from where it built up during the day .. its nothing really dont worry..