PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out here!!!!

kittykat
13-11-06, 18:37
Hi all,
Completely freaking out , was having a bit of a coughing fit and noticed a little blood in my pleghm. I am still having probs with my throat the tingling , stinging sensation and the feeling of something there could it be related. I'm freaking in case its the start of something cancerous (lung, throat, stomach etc) even tempted to google........... i had an endoscopy in July so if anything was there or wrong with my throat would they have found it , i did get the all clear.......... my doc said tht my throat would clear up on its own but ive had it for about 3wks now almost 24/7 he did say it was a bit red looking, anyway as you can see my anxiety levels are a bit thruogh the roof just now any advice would be good.........xx

Fly2Freedom
13-11-06, 18:43
My dad had throat cancer and his voice changed,very gravelly sounding.
Its probably just a little burst blood vessel.
You are ok Im sure but see G.P if worried.
[:X]

Love & light to you x

carlin
13-11-06, 18:50
Hi there, please try to be reassured by your doctor, he would have picked up any kind of throat cancer......Try gargling, this may ease your throat, and do not google - that is an order!!!! I think sometimes with anxiety we become so aware of one problem we actually make it worse, like keep swallowing, coughing, clearing our throats etc...nice warm bath, maybe a hot choc. and a good nights sleep!! xxxxx

piglits pal
14-11-06, 09:26
STEP AWAY FROM THE GOOGLE!! :)

OK last winter I went to the doctor with a red throat and pus on my tonsils. She looked and said nothing wrong and it would go on its own. It did, but it took nearly 3 months altogether. The tonsils are there to fight off any potential illness, they're effectively your first line of defence - they take the first hit for you and try and fend the illness off.

It's not uncommon to cough up blood after a coughing fit. Loads of tiny blood vessels and easily be damaged. If you starting vomiting black liquid or coffee grounds that needs to be checked but a bit of fresh blood after a coughing fit is very common.

Hope that helps.

kittykat
14-11-06, 10:26
Thanks all for your replies, its kind of settled me alittle. Don't know whats wrong with me just now, my anxietys through the roof and finding it really hard to cope.
Got the doctors on thursday but im scared hes saying to himself ''not her again''. I'm just feeling really down, sick of being like this all the time, and my cbt has just started so its not really kicking in yet. I think i'll tell the doctor all this ,if i get the courage....... my hearts pounding just thinking about it and feeling really shakey , im not on any meds but sometimes i feel like i could really do with something but im also scared incase i get addicted(am i being stupid). Anyway thanks all for listening xx

shereedac
15-11-06, 17:17
HI kitty kat, I also have had blood in my phlegm on about three separate occassions. Once was when i had a nosebleed, second time was when i had been physically sick after thinking i had some sort of disease. I have had stomach problems for two years now, this is how my anxiety symptoms started. I have not had an endoscopy as to date but do worry as my stomach is always gurgling and i feel sick quite often. Also had constant heartburn for six months but medication has settled it down. It is very worrying and freaked me out too but i don,t think it is anything to worry about. Easier said than done!

sheree ritchie