PDA

View Full Version : Scared of going crazy :(

AnxiousGirl1
26-12-13, 19:06
Hi, I'm having intense panic about losing touch with reality. I got a really bizarre thought the other day that maybe nothing was real... Then I started to get extreme paranoia, like thought everyone was looking at me weird etc.

I'm really worried about going crazy. I'm scared of my thinking and that if I keep having paranoid thoughts or bizarre thoughts I will lose touch with reality.... Like your mind can just think of anything! :(

Fishmanpa
26-12-13, 19:08
If you think you're going crazy, you're not. When you're crazy, you think you're normal ;)

Positive thoughts

hangingbasket
26-12-13, 20:59
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1258032]If you think you're going crazy, you're not. When you're crazy, you think you're normal ;)

My doctor told me this once when I ran into her office saying I was too scared to talk to her in case she had me sectioned :)

I genuinely thought I was insane and a danger to the world. I thought I had a severe mental illness.

AnxiousGirl, you're not going crazy... really, if you were, you would have no concept of it!! It's just one of the many joys of anxiety!

AnxiousGirl1
26-12-13, 23:17
The concept of infinity really scares me as well :(

Fishmanpa
26-12-13, 23:41
The concept of infinity really scares me as well :(

Really? It's just an abstract concept that relates to physics or mathematics. Heck, I don't even fully grasp it. How is this scary?

Positive thoughts

AnxiousGirl1
27-12-13, 01:17
I'm scared of like all the things we can think of and getting lost in my mind :(

Miss lexx
27-12-13, 01:32
Hi Hun I can totally relate to what you are saying as this is one of my biggest fears that and dying.. When I think about life and the future I start to feel weird then I panic.. When I think I panic because I wonder why I'm thinking what ever it is that I'm thinking.. It's hard to explain but you're not alone.. Life is overwhelming and hard to understand. People who have mental illness like schizophrenia scare me I don't know why.. Hope you feel better soon

Ikaeoph
27-12-13, 06:55
HI anxiously I know what you mean 100%, at night I sit and worry about infinity of space and how it is possible and that it must mean we are all fake, it's a horrible moment which sparks a huge Panic attack for me, but our minds aren't able to comprehend the logic of infinity, and most people have these thoughts every week, they just barely notice them. Anxious people are so wired up on adrenaline that we notice all these small things and adrenaline makes everything seem way bigger then it actually is. And everyone with anxiety wondersif they are crazy, but it has been proven that insanity does not allow you to even wonder if your crazy, insane peoples minds lack the function. They become in a trance state In which they are like thralls, they cannot ask themselves that sort of thing. Anxiety can cause hundreds of weird thoughts and adrenaline will make you feel mad, but it IS just anxiety.

AnxiousGirl1
27-12-13, 11:16
Isn't paranoia a symptom of schizophrenia though because I've been getting that and delusional (bizarre) thinking?! :/

Stu82
05-01-14, 11:29
Don't try look into things too much that can make you feel worst as it does me and others I've spoke to. Nothing wrong with a basic understanding but don't analyse everything.

You're not going crazy

thekinginthenorth
14-01-14, 01:57
People who are crazy think that they are sane.

Chick100
22-09-17, 09:04
Hi Anxiousgirl1

Anxiety is the reason you are suffering this way, our minds go into overdrive and throws up the weirdest stuff imaginable to scare the living daylights out of us when we are least able to cope , but they are only thoughts.
The concept of infinity scares me even when I am not suffering anxiety, and I suspect I am not the only one. Its just such a huge concept to grasp.
You arenīt crazy , just anxious, and with help and working to get over this blip, you will.
I have self help books by Dr Claire Weekes and find them a godsend. She not only describes the anxiety state and what it throws at you, but also ways to help yourself. CBT counseling and relaxation exercise also helps.

Sending a hug your way :bighug1:

swajj
22-09-17, 15:44
Why would you bother bumping a thread that is more than 3 years old? I don't get it :confused:

AnxiousGirl1
18-10-18, 08:40
Thank you chick100. If been having these symptoms again lately and your advice is super helpful. Although I would not wish these thoughts on anyone, I am glad others can relate. :)