PDA

View Full Version : Damian

Monkeysp1
26-12-13, 21:02
Hi I have been suffering from anxiety for years I'm 39 year old male I get these palpitations all the time which make my anxiety worse as I think omg I'm gonna die then I panic some more I'm starting therapy in January to try and help I feel so alone that I'm the only one who suffers from it I know I'm not but the palpitations get me down I've had ECG and all is clear I feel thence all the time. Maybe someone can reply and let me know if they have been suffering as well and put my mind at rest thanks.

Seretse
26-12-13, 21:40
Hi Damian - I used to have strange sensations in my chest. I'm not sure if it is the same as the palpitations you are suffering from. They seemed to be to be self-driving in the sense that as soon as I became aware of them it would make me more anxious and then make them worse. They stuck around for quite some time, probably over the course of several months - not all of the time but with regular appearances. I sort of got used to them and they did eventually go - I don't remember them stopping I guess they just got less frequent and eventually stopped. I went through 3-4 months of therapy and I got to the point where when they 'appeared' I would recognise it as signs of my anxiety but I could sort of observe it in a more detached way rather than get even more anxious about it. I do hope that you find the therapy very helpful and that you find that these horrible symptoms stop over time for you and that even while they stay present that they may become less anxiety provoking for you. I was 48 when it happened to me and am male. Take care and good luck with the therapy in the New Year!