PDA

View Full Version : Left rib and back pain?

mum4c
27-12-13, 00:58
Hi everyone, it is a while since I've been on the forum. I have been experiencing left sided rib and back pain for about 2 weeks now. I thought it was due to anxiety but am worrying it might be something more. Sometimes it feels as if something is pushing up underneath my rib, a feeling of 'fullness', it's difficult to describe. It also feels uncomfortable when I breathe, almost like I can't breathe properly and there is a pressure stopping my lungs inflating.
The feeling is worse when I sit in an easy chair; when I stand and walk about it is less troublesome. I am also better when I lay down flat.
I am really worrying that I have something like pancreatic cancer and as usual I have been visiting 'Mr Google'!! I saw my doctor last week, but it has got worse since then. I did a peak flow measurement when I was there and it was fine.
Any help would be appreciated as I am working myself up into a frenzy over this. Thanks.:scared15:

hheavenlyangel
27-12-13, 11:34
Oooo mum 4 c..... it truly sounds llike you could have popped your ribout. I do it all the time. I fell off a roof many years ago and since then i have a sorts of trouble with my ribs. I have it right now. Go see your Chiro. They can have a feel around and fix it. Try not to worry. I know it's easier ssaid .than done.

mum4c
27-12-13, 21:50
Hi hheavenlyangel, thank you so much for replying. The fact that I may have popped my rib out never crossed my mind! Is it possible to do this quite easily? I did lift 3 heavy large boxes down from a shelf at work a week ago; could that have done it? It was at quite an awkward angle too. I am going to see how I am over the weekend and will go back to the doctor next week if I still have the pain.

mum4c
03-01-14, 18:02
I have been to the doctor as I am still experiencing this pain. To cut a long story short he has found a trace of blood in my urine and is sending me for a blood test. I am so upset as he mentioned it could be a kidney problem. My son has kidney problems and has had a transplant. The fact that it could be this never crossed my mind, I have been thinking pancreas, liver, spleen etc. I have of course googled it and found kidney cancer. I am worried sick as it appears symptoms only show when advanced.
I am back at work next week and don't know how I am going to cope with the worry, I am beside myself and just feel like crying.